Passed 272

SirDragoSirDrago Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed 272 with 972 points :). It was easier than 271. I didn't really got any Office questions. Maybe one or two but not more.

Comments

• Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    WOW!!!! Nice job dude! No office questions? LOL... I thought this whole thing was suppose to be one it icon_lol.gif

Oh well. I'm guessing you got a lot on IE, and the "refresher" part we were talking about before.

Either way, Congrats. What's next?

icon_thumright.gif
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and great score!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • SirDragoSirDrago Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    orion82698 wrote:
    WOW!!!! Nice job dude! No office questions? LOL... I thought this whole thing was suppose to be one it icon_lol.gif

Oh well. I'm guessing you got a lot on IE, and the "refresher" part we were talking about before.

Either way, Congrats. What's next?

icon_thumright.gif

Yeah i thought it was kinda weird that i didn't really get any Office questions. That's what i studied for the most. I got a lot of Remote Desktop, Outlook Express and IE questions.
    I know you used MS press book, but what did you take for practice exams again? I know you used the one I gave you, but did you use measureup or transcender?
    WIP Vacation ;-)

I used MeasureUp and ExamForce.
    ahh.. that's right, I remember that now.

So, what's next on the list?
    WIP Vacation ;-)

orion82698 wrote:

Well next will be the beta exam 70-621. I only have about 3 weeks to prepare for it. I will take the exam on the 5th of January.
    After that I'm going to study for A+ and will probably start with MCSA too.
    SirDrago wrote:
    orion82698 wrote:

Well next will be the beta exam 70-621. I only have about 3 weeks to prepare for it. I will take the exam on the 5th of January.
    After that I'm going to study for A+ and will probably start with MCSA too.

Nice! I would definitely do 270 as soon as possible. You already know most of it anyways now... just a little more objectives to review. As soon as I pass 272, I'm going for 270, then 215, then 218. That'll give me the MCSA for 2000. After that, I'm not sure. I would like to do the messaging part for 2000/2k3. We support a lot of Exchange here.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

I probably won't need to take 270 because the MCTS, Vista Configuration, will count as client exam. And if i pass the beta MCDST upgrade i will get this certification. That would mean that i only need to take 2 exams, the 290 and the 291 to get the MCSA certification.

Do you want to get the MCSE?
    Ahhh... gotcha. Our network is a way's away from seeing vista. That's why I'm going for 270.

Probably not, atleast not right now (I'm not considering it). I think it's an extra 2 tests after MCSA?

I'll have 270, 215, 218 + MCDST. I forget whatelse I would need.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

orion82698 wrote:
    Ahhh... gotcha. Our network is a way's away from seeing vista. That's why I'm going for 270.

Probably not, atleast not right now (I'm not considering it). I think it's an extra 2 tests after MCSA?

I'll have 270, 215, 218 + MCDST. I forget whatelse I would need.

I think you need 3 exams more for MCSE. 7 exams in total.
    Yup, you're right. Ah well. Perhaps I will, maybe I won't. Don't know. I'll cross that path when I get done the first 3 big ones first.

Good luck on your beta test for vista!
    WIP Vacation ;-)

orion82698 wrote:

Good luck on your beta test for vista!

Thanks, it's much harder since there are no exam prep books out or any practice questions. I need to collect all the information on my own. I don't mind but it's completely different from taking a normal exam. But if i fail i will have already learned a lot and can take the upgrade exam later when it's released.

You are going to upgrade to Vista MCDST too aren't you? I mean it's 40% off and you get 2 certifications with just one exam.
  • sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2