CCNA Renewal

bsjj27bsjj27 Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed the CCNA test over three years ago, how do I renew that? Do I have to take the test over again? If I go for CCNA Security will that renew the CCNA?

Comments

• Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    From my understanding you need to retake the CCNA R/S all over again if it has been more than 3 years. Had you been in the 36 month window than the CCNA: Security would have auto-renewed your CCNA R/S.
  • bsjj27bsjj27 Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is that two tests now?
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    bsjj27 wrote: »
    Is that two tests now?

It can be. There is the one test option and the two test option. You get to choose.

I was going to renew my CCNA: Security. But, come to find out it never posted on the Cisco site. I have the "Pass" confirmation paper, but the Cisco site never updated. So, I've been claiming CCNA: Security status without it being verified (as well as an expired CCNA...). icon_sad.gif I need to re-certify anyway (would have been by next March). Now I have to start with the CCNA again. Which isn't a problem, just adds to the cost.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you didn’t renew before the 3 year expiration you have stated on your certificate, you must retake the CCNA:R&S...either composite or ICND1 (CCENT) and ICND2 path.

For CCNA:Security, you could only take ICND1 and then take the CCNA:Security exam as CCNA:R&S / CCENT / CCIE are all possible prerequisite options.

As a side note, there seems to be a lot of people not reading or being aware of how to maintain their hard (or not so hard) earned certifications which is sad.