Network+ in 2 weeks?

ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
I passed the network+ exam in 2011/2012, but let it expire a few years later. My job has offers to pay for the exam if I want to retake it, so I thought "Why Not"? Would it be possible to study for and pass the current Network+ exam in 2 - 3 weeks? Also, whats the best study materials now? I used CBT Nuggets and a book last time. Don't remember what book.
2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!

Comments

• epcgepcg Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go read the post from the people who have taken it. It really is a hard test. Unless you have no choice but to take it in 2 weeks give yourself more time. Oh Certmaster is only worth the retake as the questions didn't help at all. Well to me they didn't.
  • Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    Looking back at the N+, it wasnt a difficult test IMO. But i studied like all hell for about 3 months. and it was my first cert in 10 years.

Id say its certainly possible though considering you work in the I.T. field and use the terms, ports, OSI layer references on a day or weekly basis.
  • RookiestudentRookiestudent Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was able to complete the Network+ in 3 weeks but I am currently studying networking at university so the background Information helped. To get it done quickly I used a mix of a book, professor Messer and the CompTIA Certmaster. Hope this helped