MCSA Windows 10 697 on Saturday

tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm taking the MCSA Windows 10 697 on Saturday afternoon. I'm have been cramming over the last few days. Is there anything I need to keep an eye out for or spend a little extra time on?

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Know your Powershell, not in depth only the basics. Get, Set, Add, Remove cmdlets.

Good Luck!!!
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• maxime.blancmaxime.blanc Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also have à good learning on all way to proceed in duplication and masterisation of Windows 10.
  • djrabesdjrabes Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Read. The. Questions.

MS are good at sneaking pointless crap into the questions.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
    Studying: Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
    Want: MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Exam 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure), Network+, Security+
  • tjb122982tjb122982 Member Posts: 255 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Know your Powershell, not in depth only the basics. Get, Set, Add, Remove cmdlets.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks but I don't quite follow. Would you mind elaborating just a little bit?
    tjb122982 wrote: »

I'm sorry, wrong one.
    Also have à good learning on all way to proceed in duplication and masterisation of Windows 10.

• ben2techben2tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□

He just joined this month and that is his first post. I would say ignore that guy.
    Thanks guy. I took a few practice tests and averaged 95% overall. I also made a index card full of notes for powershell. I think I'm ready as I'm ever going to be.
    Thanks guy. I took a few practice tests and averaged 95% overall. I also made a index card full of notes for powershell. I think I'm ready as I'm ever going to be.

Good luck and tell us how you get on.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

I got a 680. Dammit! It was way more technical that the study guides let on. I guess my current plan is to work more on transcender, labs, and the technet articles and take again in 2-3 weeks. Good plan or suggestions?
    I got a 680. Dammit! It was way more technical that the study guides let on. I guess my current plan is to work more on transcender, labs, and the technet articles and take again in 2-3 weeks. Good plan or suggestions?

Dame, so close! You did better than my first attempt. I suggest going through CBTnuggets 70-697, sign up to their free trial and go through all the videos.
    Certifications:

• NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□

I haven't taken the Win 10 exams yet.

Try this post AMD4Ever jhas some notes aobut 5 threads down:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-10-exams/118545-windows-70-697-materials.html

Measure practice tests might be worth a shot, since they're the official practice test product Microsoft recommends for their exams.

Also, what I do when studying for an exam is browser said cert sub form on TE and look for I passed such and such exam to see what others did. This is just a thought.

For example, I would look through the Win 10 sub form on TE and see what others did to pass the 70-697
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • sorin84sorin84 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed today with 721. Was studying for the last couple of months and I thought I'm ready but tbh I found the exam quite difficult. I've managed to finish the last question in my last 10 minutesand wasn't expcting to pass.

The objectives that pulled my score down were Managed Identity, Configure Networking and Plan and Implement Intune.

I used Measureup, CBTnuggets (found them not going into depth) and the book you find on Amazon.

Good luck to everyone
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    sorin84 wrote: »
    Passed today with 721. Was studying for the last couple of months and I thought I'm ready but tbh I found the exam quite difficult. I've managed to finish the last question in my last 10 minutesand wasn't expcting to pass.

The objectives that pulled my score down were Managed Identity, Configure Networking and Plan and Implement Intune.

I used Measureup, CBTnuggets (found them not going into depth) and the book you find on Amazon.

Good luck to everyone

What was the book you used from Amazon?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Interesting enough, I got an email from MS saying I "got a badge." So, I log into the portal and now somehow I passed. I'm not sure if they threw some questions out, which allowed me to pass or what. Now my plan is to take the rest of the year off and then start studying for the 698 beginning in January with the end goal of passing it before the end of March.
    Congrats on passing!
    Certifications:

Congrats on passing!

Thanks! It was a back door pass, but it is a pass, right?
  • Bjones1976Bjones1976 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Damn right! Congrats.
    Thanks! It was a back door pass, but it is a pass, right?
  • rob14merob14me Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Interesting enough, I got an email from MS saying I "got a badge." So, I log into the portal and now somehow I passed. I'm not sure if they threw some questions out, which allowed me to pass or what. Now my plan is to take the rest of the year off and then start studying for the 698 beginning in January with the end goal of passing it before the end of March.

Thanks everyone for the help I got on this board. TJ I too originally scored a 583 on the 70-697 and received an email on Dec 1st saying that I had earned the MCP Badge for 70-697 and the MCSA Windows 10 Badge for previously passing 698. However 2 days ago I go another email saying my Badges for 697 and MCSA were revoked due to an error on their part. icon_sad.gif
    I was highly disappointed seeing how I already celebrated getting my MCSA.