Cyber Security Scholarship

squidjrsquidjr Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
just got done doing the per-assessment test from cisco for the cyber security scholarship, scored an 83%, hopefully that will be enough for me to get accepted into the program, already have the CompTIA A+, Net+ and Sec+, just hoping me being a male wont effect the decision

Comments

• McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am in the same boat. Got my results yesterday and currently waiting to see if I have been accepted. Fingers crossed for us both.
    2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
    2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.
  • djmd808djmd808 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Me three. Took it yesterday morning, got an 86. My company won't pay for any Cisco cert cause we are not a Cisco shop... but I'd much rather go for this right now than CSA+.

I am anxiously awaiting that email at 5 after midnight tomorrow night!
  • squidjrsquidjr Member Posts: 23 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wasnt accepted last year, but i only had the A+ at the time, so hopefully the net+ and sec+ will let me in this time, Im studying for the CCNA RS right now also,

good luck to both of you
    well its Thursday and no word yet, hopefully I'll hear something today
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How does one apply for this? Just provide your info first amd they send you email with more instructions?
    squidjr wrote: »
    well its Thursday and no word yet, hopefully I'll hear something today

Yeah I was petty bummed this moring! ha. I wonder if this step is also automated, or if it requires human interaction. I would think the entire selection process be be simply an algorithim. Well it's still pretty early on the west coast. Maybe someone just has to get in there and click a button :)
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    How does one apply for this? Just provide your info first amd they send you email with more instructions?

Yep, that's the first step. You should hear back within a few days to fill out a questionairre about your certs/etc.
    djmd808 wrote: »
    Yeah I was petty bummed this moring! ha. I wonder if this step is also automated, or if it requires human interaction. I would think the entire selection process be be simply an algorithim. Well it's still pretty early on the west coast. Maybe someone just has to get in there and click a button :)

hopefully thats all it is, but i do know i got my email to take the test around midnight-2 am cst
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Maybe we have to wait until Monday... icon_sad.gif I get so hyped, it's like Christmas. I really want to get back into Cisco and move forward with the security side of Cisco. This would be the next step, then onto the CCNP! :D
  • SleepCZSleepCZ Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Heh guys, I have been waiting for the third email the whole day. So far nothing, and as it's about to be 1:30AM I think it's time to sleep. I guess, in the morning the last email with details will be there. Excited as well.
    :?:
    I just got the email and completed the last step! :) Looks great so far! Hope to hear great news on Monday! Then, a lot of hard work with a very rewarding end!
    What type of questions does the questionnaire have?
    PC509 wrote: »
    I just got the email and completed the last step! :) Looks great so far! Hope to hear great news on Monday! Then, a lot of hard work with a very rewarding end!

Yup...pretty excited here too. Just ordered the books... I'd like to get a nice jump on it before the cohort actually begins. I'm so used to rescheduling exams over and over and over and over. It'll be tough, but nice to have an actual hard deadline...
    I also got the email to complete step 3 and picked to start in December (cohort 5). Will get the books later this month.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations all the best. From my side Apparently I received the last step on the spam folder. Now I'm officially out! icon_sad.gif

Any way to get on track?
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • medamanmedaman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any help as to what the prequalification questions were?
    medaman wrote: »
    Any help as to what the prequalification questions were?

Don't remember exactly... just some basic questions about your experience and your current certifications. Basically a pre-screening to see if you qualify at all.
    Whats the email address that this email is coming from? Don't want it to go to my spam folder.

[h=3]cyberscholarship@external.cisco.com via research.net <member@research.net>[/h]

How long does it take to get thay first email?
    Got the final email! Woohoo, cohort 5! My Cisco books are arriving today too. More than happy to have 6 weeks to at least get through the Fundamentals book.
    Just completed the first step survey for this but didn't know that you can skip questions. So I might have answered maybe 1 or "incorrectly". Well lets hope for email step 2.

Step 2 is pre-requisite exam? Says you need to get 75% .Anyone know what type of questions?
    Basic Windows, Linux, security, Cisco, networking type of questions. With your certifications, you'll easily pass.
    Let's hope i get that 2nd email then.
  • MdaudMdaud Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How hard is the prequalification exam?
    Mdaud wrote: »
    How hard is the prequalification exam?

Some questions are tricky but might seem more tricky if you are unfamiliar with the subjects. Pretty standard questions regarding Windows, Linux , Networking and Security. The fact that you get only 45 minutes to answer 60+ questions is what makes it seem hard, since you need to read really fast and know the question right away, it doesnt allow you for a process of elimination to select the right answer.

Just finished my per-qualification exam and it looks like I had select answers for all the questions but it seems that I had skipped two questions and just clicked done. Passed it and now waiting for the next email.
  • zepol87zepol87 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just received the email for the pre-qualification exam. Wish me luck
  • ira.aira.a Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just barely made the cut score for this. Are the books associated with the course free? Or will they be out of pocket?
    ira.a wrote: »
    Just barely made the cut score for this. Are the books associated with the course free? Or will they be out of pocket?

Supposedly everything you need will be available, but of course there are study guides, costing between $50-$70. Read somewhere here someone got one for $10 through some discount offer.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Had the email yesterday, went through the survey and had the second email shortly after.

Gunna leave doing the exam for a few weeks so I don't get put in Cohort 5. Would prefer to wait for 6.

I really don't know much about linux. Should this worry me for the pre-qual exam?
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE