Just Passed CSA+

lunchbox67lunchbox67 Posts: 131Member ■■■■□□□□□□
I wanted to keep my other CompTIA certs valid so I decided taking the CSA+ would be the way for me to do it. They expire in November so not a ton of time. I got a deal on two CSA+ vouchers. So my plan was to study a bit, take the test to get a feel for it, the pass it the second time.

Took it today and passed by 20 points, close but a pass is a pass.

For a book I used - CompTIA CSA+ Study Guide: Exam CS0-001 - Wiley - Mike Chapple, David Seidl
For practice tests I used Udemy. At $10, why not. And CertMaster ... the 2 vouchers.

I am pretty sure anyone who studied this matterial would be able to pass too.

Comments

• tuxedoturtletuxedoturtle Posts: 19Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • palmett0palmett0 Posts: 19Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very nice, congratulations!

I am in the process of going through the same book you read.
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Senior Member Posts: 283Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • 3online3online Posts: 19Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    lunchbox67 wrote: »
    I wanted to keep my other CompTIA certs valid so I decided taking the CSA+ would be the way for me to do it. They expire in November so not a ton of time. I got a deal on two CSA+ vouchers. So my plan was to study a bit, take the test to get a feel for it, the pass it the second time.

Took it today and passed by 20 points, close but a pass is a pass.

For a book I used - CompTIA CSA+ Study Guide: Exam CS0-001 - Wiley - Mike Chapple, David Seidl
    For practice tests I used Udemy. At $10, why not. And CertMaster ... the 2 vouchers.

I am pretty sure anyone who studied this matterial would be able to pass too.

Did you find udemy practice tests helpful?
  • kMastaFlashkMastaFlash Posts: 1,012Member ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2018: CCSK
    2019: CWSP,Cloud+,Project+,CASP,PenTest+,CWNA,CCNA Security,GXPN,GREM
    2021: LPIC-2,JNCIS-ENT,eLearnSecurity Courses
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Posts: 1,472Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • catqueenbbcatqueenbb Posts: 9Member ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats. I am too studying for this certification. I am done ready the csa study guide by chapelle. Bought the udemy practice questions, they contained a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes, ended up asking for a refund. I am now looking into buying cybrary labs questions to get prepared for this.
  • greg9891greg9891 Posts: 1,166Member ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats!
    Certs Gained 2018: CCENT ,210-255 ( Cyber Security Operations)
    Upcoming: ICND2, CTT, 210-250 (Cyber Security Fundamentals)

Isaiah 28:10 - For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line; here a little, and there a little.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Gaming Tech Expert Silicon Valley, CAPosts: 4,004Member ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
  • KandinskyKandinsky Posts: 108Member ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I was studying for this one too a few months ago, but then stuff happened and I ended up getting the Server+ instead, which renewed my A+ and network+ for another 3 years. I'm working on a couple minor certs right now. I may just let the Security+ expire, because I do plan on getting the CSA+ at some point, and it's a higher level cert than the Sec+ anyway. BTW, I noticed you also have security+. What was the difficulty comparison between CSA+ and Sec+?
  • LSageeLSagee Posts: 39Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats!
  • GettingThereSoonGettingThereSoon Posts: 19Member ■■□□□□□□□□
    Kandinsky wrote: »
    Congrats. I was studying for this one too a few months ago, but then stuff happened and I ended up getting the Server+ instead, which renewed my A+ and network+ for another 3 years. I'm working on a couple minor certs right now. I may just let the Security+ expire, because I do plan on getting the CSA+ at some point, and it's a higher level cert than the Sec+ anyway. BTW, I noticed you also have security+. What was the difficulty comparison between CSA+ and Sec+?

I recently passed both so I throw my 2 cents...

Security+ seems to have more low-level technical questions than CSA+, e.g., subnetting, Linux commands (I got 2 questions on Linux firewall using "lptable" which I knew nothing about). I got 3 sims in both exams. Funny thing is - Security+ has 1 sim almost exactly like the one I saw in one examdump...and the sad thing is I didn't study/remember it. So when I prep for CSA+, I made sure I fully study/remember every sim I saw in the examdump....and I encountered one sim exactly like in the ****. Difficulty level (for me) CSA+ is higher than Security+ because CSA+ covers more topics. But I also felt CSA+ questions are more at higher level than Security+, that is CSA+ seems focus on why we doing this way while Security+ focus on how we doing it.