Options

CISA - Is studying QA database enough?

jaguaarjaguaar Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have audit experience as well as CISSP. Have worked in IT and IS for many years. So far as study material is concerned and using CRM as a reference book for unknown topics and terminologies, will studying the QA database be enough to pass the test? (Assuming I carefully read correct and incorrect answers)
Or do I need to use some supplementary study notes or books?

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I used solely the QAE DB to knock out the CISM, CISA and CRISC trio.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    Thanks. I am noticing lot of material out there, some of it ridiculously easy or technical. The DB questions are quite different than what i see in practice exam sites.
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    I used solely the QAE DB to knock out the CISM, CISA and CRISC trio.
  • Options
    are there any "pictorial" questions in CISA exam? I have encountered any so far in QA database but they seem to have been around in years gone by.
  • Options
    kabooterkabooter Member Posts: 115
    I think we need crm and lot of other practice questions. Just isaca QA db is not enough unless one has lots of audit experience.
    jaguaar wrote: »
    I have audit experience as well as CISSP. Have worked in IT and IS for many years. So far as study material is concerned and using CRM as a reference book for unknown topics and terminologies, will studying the QA database be enough to pass the test? (Assuming I carefully read correct and incorrect answers)
    Or do I need to use some supplementary study notes or books?
  • Options
    czarulczarul Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm agreed & confirmed the previous statement of other participants ALL questions on the exam are not the same as those that are available on the internet. Remember, there is not the same question or the same answer, so do not waste your time.