Cyber Security Scholarship

2»

Comments

• TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    In step 3 you actually get to choose which cohort...I believe it was 5, 6, or 7 as options.

Not knowing Linux will hurt you if you see Linux questions...but it’s not like you have to ACE the exam.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Took my exam on Saturday and got invited. I selected cohort 6. Studying for my ccna at the moment so I couldn't jump on Cohart 5.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • ivyvaldivyvald Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just got my acceptance email yesterday.
    Got into Cohort 5 icon_thumright.gif
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Received the 3rd email to complete the final survey. I'll select cohort 5 and focus on it during the winter.
  • packetxpacketx Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello
    just passed step 2 with 89%

waiting for the email maybe tomorrow, if i'm lucky.

I have two questions, maybe you guys can help me:

1- Do they pay us the exam fees after giving us all the courses ?
    2- So at the end of the process we can choose our group, and there is different courses start time ?

thanksicon_thumright.gif
    Yes and yes.

They will give you vouchers you can use to pay for the exam.

You can select your start time, there's currently 3 groups, first one starts Dec 28th to April 28th, then the rest.
  • packetxpacketx Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @The FORCE
    Thanks!
    Good initiative, by CISCO.
  • technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what are the best resources to study for the pre-exam?

I'm using Join since I have very little experience with Linux

also watching Security+ videos on youtube

any other advice or can someone give me an idea what the questions are like/scope?

I have A+ & CCNA
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Very basic Linux commands, CCNA level networking is sufficient, A+ will help, basic Windows information, basic security information (if you've studied Sec+ much, you'll have that basic info).

It's a good pre-exam. Not exactly entry level, but if you're in the industry and/or have those foundations (A+/N+/Sec+ level of knowledge), you'll pass easily. It's designed so that just anyone can't take advantage of it (FREE STUFF?!) and that you'll have enough of a foundation to be successful (the biggest part).
  • CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
    Just got my 3rd email today after completing the exam with a 82%. I choose Cohort 6 (Apr 201icon_cool.gif since I am in the middle of studying some other certs, school for the Spring semestar and in the process of looking for a new job. My Op tempo should be less busy by the time Apr comes around. Who else will be in Cohort 6?
  • airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    Woot woot! Just got accepted for cohort 5.
  • technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I only got 77.4%. Do you think I'll make the cut?
    technogoat wrote: »
    I only got 77.4%. Do you think I'll make the cut?

Yeah , why not? They say passing score is 75%.
  • PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yep, Cohort 5 here
  • Bjcheung77Bjcheung77 Member Posts: 89 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Where is the best place to buy the required study guides? Or the extras that are not included? I read above, someone got them cheap at $10. Please share, thanks. I understand that most of the material are provided, I like to have more resources to read through. Thanks again, bjcheung77 out.
  • BlucodexBlucodex Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What criteria could exclude you from making it to the 2nd email? Just completed my initial email survey.
    It says right on the initial page what kind of experiences qualify you. I’m guessing other Cisco certs, other infosec certs, degrees, etc. all help your chances...by honestly the qualification exam is good and should weed out a lot of underqualified people.
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    It says right on the initial page what kind of experiences qualify you. I’m guessing other Cisco certs, other infosec certs, degrees, etc. all help your chances...by honestly the qualification exam is good and should weed out a lot of underqualified people.

My concern was that I wasn't a female, military, and had over 5 years IT experience.
    I’m sure there are plenty of males, military would probably help, I’ve heard there are a lot of people with CISSP participating...so not really anything ground breaking.
    I remember when i took the survey it said there were 43% male and 13% female. That means the rest didn't answer the question. Im sure a lot of other people didn't answer other questions. The survey doesnt make it clear that you can skip questions
    85% on step 2. Guess I wait now.
    Got the survey this morning. Chose Cohort 6.
  • godfather1930godfather1930 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

If you get the third email does it mean you have been accepted into the scholarship? I just got the third email yesterday and selected Cohort 6.

Congratulations to all that have been accepted!

Good luck!