Passed ICND1

Cold TitaniumCold Titanium Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
Got a 962/1000

Used:

Amazon.com: CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, includes CD-ROM: Exam 640-802 (9780470901076): Todd Lammle: Books

Never used the CD in it. Just Googled anything that I wasn't feeling strong on. Also used some YouTube videos, packet tracer, and this forum.

Overall, I felt that the exam was easy. Only about 5-10 questions made me think on them for over 3 mins. About 2-3 made absolutely no sense at all.

subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online

Use it ^

Just thought I'd post and maybe encourage someone else.

On to ICND2! icon_study.gif
2014 Goals
  • Pass OSCP (In Progress)
  • Obtain employment in IT Security

Comments

• MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass. That's an excellent score.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    Congrats, man. :D Good luck on your future studies.
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I'm going to use that same book and packet tracer along with cbt nuggets videos too. You have definitley encouraged me also. Good luck with your other certs. :)
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats...
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats too you!!!
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
  • itgl72itgl72 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hooah! Great job!
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Woot woot!

Congrat.. thx for inspiration!
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got a 962/1000

Used:

Amazon.com: CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide, includes CD-ROM: Exam 640-802 (9780470901076): Todd Lammle: Books

Never used the CD in it. Just Googled anything that I wasn't feeling strong on. Also used some YouTube videos, packet tracer, and this forum.

Overall, I felt that the exam was easy. Only about 5-10 questions made me think on them for over 3 mins. About 2-3 made absolutely no sense at all.

subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online

Use it ^

Just thought I'd post and maybe encourage someone else.

On to ICND2! icon_study.gif

Just picked up the very same... from the library... it is a good read compared to Lammle's book Fast Pass (I'm thinking it was published in 2006?, don't quote)... it had all types of errors in regards to the figure and graphics in the book. He's improved I see.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on pass
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great job!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• aj4xaj4x Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thats a great score to be proud of man! Mind me asking how long did you prepare for the ICND1? I have that book am really looking forward to starting down the cisco path after I have a few more microsoft certs. Good luck on the ICND2!
  • sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Congratulations! Very impressive score.
  • r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • OscedumirOscedumir Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the fine achievement. That's a very good score icon_thumright.gif
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Hey Cold Titanium, Congrats on the pass!

Did the CCENT have a lot of knowledge you learned getting your Network+? I'm taking the Net+ next week, and am going to follow up with a CCNA, so I'm hoping that the knowledge crosses over a bit... at least the fundamentals aspect of it. Also how long did it take you to study?
  • Cold TitaniumCold Titanium Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    "Mind me asking how long did you prepare for the ICND1?"

I've been studying on and off for about 2-3 months. Keep in mind that I'm also employed as a network analyst, so I'm around Cisco equipment and terminology every day. Right before the exam I took about a week and a half and just crammed.

" Did the CCENT have a lot of knowledge you learned getting your Network+?*"

Yes. Some of the basic stuff like the tcp and OSI model are givens. Much, if not all ,of the basic theory does still apply.
    2014 Goals
    • Pass OSCP (In Progress)
    • Obtain employment in IT Security
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Thanks, good to know.

I'm sure it will take me longer as I have no experience with Cisco equipment, and am just getting started in IT. Congrats again on the pass.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and nice score!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and continued success to you!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • skatleskatle Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I studied CCNA 640-802 for a full year, I didn't have any experience and I was also having a job from 8 am to 4:30 pm
  • skatleskatle Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got 986/1000 ccna 640-802 on self study
  • McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and good luck with the ICND 2.
    2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
    2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.