Options

Passed my MTA yesterday!

ExploreITExploreIT Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
So after pondering for 2 months, I finally got to study for 2 weeks and wrote my MTA 98-365 yesterday. I'd like to share some tips for anyone that might be interested in tackling this certification.

My educational background is in Network Security but I am working as a system admin for the last 3 years so I decided to give this a go. My resource is as follows:

- Work experience
- CBT Nugget
- R510 sandbox

I would not recommend on relying on CBT nugget alone, I used CBT because I have a work experience in managing servers and I mostly work with the items listed on the objective but for someone with less experience I would suggest grabbing a book (CBT was a great resource but lightly touch each area of MTA objective) also build a VM Win2k8R2 and play around, understand each role in the list objectives. Lastly is to approach the exam in a Microsoft way of thinking, I was given a good amount of situational questions and the best way to tackle this is to ask yourself "How would Microsoft resolve this issue?"

Good luck to anyone of thinking of writing this certification!

Comments

• Options
    Bjones1976Bjones1976 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    ExploreIT wrote: »
    So after pondering for 2 months, I finally got to study for 2 weeks and wrote my MTA 98-365 yesterday. I'd like to share some tips for anyone that might be interested in tackling this certification.

My educational background is in Network Security but I am working as a system admin for the last 3 years so I decided to give this a go. My resource is as follows:

- Work experience
    - CBT Nugget
    - R510 sandbox

I would not recommend on relying on CBT nugget alone, I used CBT because I have a work experience in managing servers and I mostly work with the items listed on the objective but for someone with less experience I would suggest grabbing a book (CBT was a great resource but lightly touch each area of MTA objective) also build a VM Win2k8R2 and play around, understand each role in the list objectives. Lastly is to approach the exam in a Microsoft way of thinking, I was given a good amount of situational questions and the best way to tackle this is to ask yourself "How would Microsoft resolve this issue?"

Good luck to anyone of thinking of writing this certification!