informational interview

THUFIRTHUFIR Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
to persue A+ and Network+ certification the financial aid process is for me to perform "informational interviews" within the industry. Essentially, a short questionnaire. E-mail or phone. Might anyone be willing to take a few minutes? Thx.

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Why would you get financial aid to take 2 entry level certificates?
  • THUFIRTHUFIR Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's not just those two certs, there's more to the courses. Anyone with those certs would be qualified for the informational interview. it's at a local vocational college and there would be zero cost to me once I get the application together.
    also, I seem to have created a duplicate topic. pardon about that.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Why not post the questionnaire here? I will glady answer questions if you post them here, but I'm not a fan of handing out my email or phone number to strangers, as most here probably will be as well.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
    granted, the e-mail and name are a hurdle. I'm not inclined to give my personal info here, but am willing to authenticate myself and the vocational school should anyone be willing. The questions are along the lines of: "do you like your job" -- eeezy peezy. it's just the name and e-mail.
    Create a questionnaire using google forms, its easy.
    that's a good idea! The form is here:

https://goo.gl/forms/XRYJ1ZP1hqbNkvOr1

The dillemna being that the form requires name, phone and e-mail -- without those it won't be accepted. I invite anyone with concerns to contact me directly.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Dang, that's a lot of info being requested. Have a feeling not many are willing to provide all of that. If you get nothing here you may want to try /r/asknetsec or /r/netsectudents.
    I understand, and about the personal info. It's for a good cause...

did I tell you about my cousin in Nigeria and the suitcase of cash yet? ;)

In all seriousness, it's just for a vocational school. Thanks for at least looking!
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I see whats going on here, whatever institution you are applying to is using you as a free way to acquire customers. I never had to do a questionnaire when I applied for financial aid.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Maybe that music degree lady from Equifax is willing to help? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The questionnaire doesn't go to the school, they never see your information. I invite you to contact me off list, I'd put you in touch with the funding people. I'm not gathering data nor am I passing it on for harvesting.

Again, the school never sees this info, the financial aid isn't through the school.
    What's the purpose of the questionnaire?
    It's for financial aid to a vocational school. The school never sees the questionaire. The data's never shared or harvested, it's just for the financial aid agency.

They want to see due diligence, these informational interviews are a component of that.

Feel free to contact me privately so that I can put you in touch with the financial aid folks directly to address any privacy concerns. I'm not eager to give many personal details on the web, either.

The content of the answers is secondary. It's just doing it for the sake of financial aid.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I answered all the questions, except for my full name and real phone number.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    thanks for taking the time, greatly appreciated.