Passed!!!!

MiketiaMiketia Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the exam today!!!

As I went through the exam, I was surprised how the questions were more challenging in testing my knowledge than what I was accustomed to with the practice exams (Dale Gibson, CertBlaster, ComptTIA CertMaster & this site/forum). Especially the performance questions. Anyhow, through a process of elimination and relying on knowledge of the material presented from the above sources, I was able to pass the exam!

I studied Mon-Fri for 5-6 hours for 5 weeks and have no IT/network background and hold no other IT related certificates.

I read Comptia's Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals and Dale Gibson's book twice. I found Dale's coverage of the material and format was more beneficial. This site has also been very helpful and I appreciate the information provided!

CHEERS!

Comments

• Bjones1976Bjones1976 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations ! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    Miketia wrote: »
    I passed the exam today!!!

As I went through the exam, I was surprised how the questions were more challenging in testing my knowledge than what I was accustomed to with the practice exams (Dale Gibson, CertBlaster, ComptTIA CertMaster & this site/forum). Especially the performance questions. Anyhow, through a process of elimination and relying on knowledge of the material presented from the above sources, I was able to pass the exam!

I studied Mon-Fri for 5-6 hours for 5 weeks and have no IT/network background and hold no other IT related certificates.

I read Comptia's Security+ Guide to Network Security Fundamentals and Dale Gibson's book twice. I found Dale's coverage of the material and format was more beneficial. This site has also been very helpful and I appreciate the information provided!

CHEERS!
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass :D Whats next?
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • MdaudMdaud Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How many performance based questions for u?
  • MiketiaMiketia Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm thinking that I will continue and get either a Network + or CCENT-CCNA certification.
  • MiketiaMiketia Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There were three performance questions. The first question of the exam was the most challenging one of the three.
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! If you want to get into networking, I would suggest going the CCENT/CCNA route and avoid the Network+ route.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Great job and good luck on next certs :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MdaudMdaud Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□