Environmental variables for Python

boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
Currently working on setting up environmental variables for Python.

I am on step 1:21 in the video.

Now at this point in the process I click on the Path variable but I do not get what he gets when I edit it. I get a list of variables within this list as seen here...

Can someone help me out here so I can execute my scripts from command line??

Thank you.
Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Click on New and then put in the path to where your python folder is. Something like: C:\Program Files\Python\Python35-32\
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did that yet

"python" in cmd still yields

---'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.---

as a result
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
    woooow

figured it out thanks

god I can't stand Windows
    great now I can run my scripts using notepad+ and cmd instead of pycharm which is pedantic and annoying