PTPv4 Full or Elite?

Hello,

Does anyone know if the PTP Elite is worth the extra $200? When I did the eJPT, I just did Full and even then I had more then 75% of lab time left I could use. I also noticed the Ruby and Metasploit module is only in the Elite package. Is that really worth the extra $200?

I have been web app pentesting for 6 months now. Just want a proper structure then will jump to OSCP after the eCPPT.

Appreciate on what package you suggest.

Thanks!

Comments

• ottucsakottucsak Member Posts: 146 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Go with Elite, as it will get you the HTML5 and the PDF materials as well. Also there is a lot more content in PTP, so you might want to go with the extended lab time just to try out different tools, methods of exploitation instead of learning a single way.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Only took the eJPT so armchair advice: If their Ruby/Metasploit module is anything like their Python2/C++ module in the eJPT, I'd suggest skipping it. If there are additional labs probably worth spending extra. But $200 for a handful of Metasploit & ruby slides doesn't sound like a tremendous value.

As far as not getting PDFs, just screenshot the important stuff. True, way more slides in PTP than eJPT.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    ottucsak wrote: »
    Go with Elite, as it will get you the HTML5 and the PDF materials as well. Also there is a lot more content in PTP, so you might want to go with the extended lab time just to try out different tools, methods of exploitation instead of learning a single way.

I was not impressed with the PDF's for the eJPT that I took around this time last year. They were way too bulky and not as easy to read on my iPad and I read many PDF's. I am still on the fence but may just do the Elite anyway since company would pay for it.