Boson Practice Labs for CCNA Security

NuclearBeavisNuclearBeavis Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Anyone used this? I'm a big fan of the Boson practice exams, but I've never used their practice labs. I've combed through the forums, but found almost nothing about practice labs for CCNA security.

Comments

• 2URGSE2URGSE Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just renewed my CCENT this Sunday and going the CCNA-Security route myself.

I was going to buy these, perhaps even today. (just a little tough to buy stuff when you're not employed)

I did like their labs for the CCENT/CCNA R/S
    A+
    Network+
    CCENT (formally CCNA certified)
    ICE (Imprivata Certified Engineer)
  • NuclearBeavisNuclearBeavis Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm probably going to get them, but not for a few weeks. If you get them anytime soon, please post how you like them.

You can get 15% off with promo code FB0215
    I'm probably going to get them, but not for a few weeks. If you get them anytime soon, please post how you like them.

You can get 15% off with promo code FB0215

I tested the code FB2017 and it works as well.

Can't get them yet, need to pay my house and car first.
    A+
    Network+
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    i really like boson netsim it has helped me to learn a lot.
    I'm trying to set up the GNS3, but it's like setting up a rocket-ship launch to the moon so far. Talk about an over-complicated piece of software.
    A+
    Network+
    2URGSE wrote: »
    I'm trying to set up the GNS3, but it's like setting up a rocket-ship launch to the moon so far. Talk about an over-complicated piece of software.

It is rather involved. Not only that, but you have to have IOS images available to create the switches and routers.
    I decided to spend the $$$ and get the labs, it will pay for itself very shortly.

I paid $194 for the CCNA-Security kit, which includes the labs and the practice exam engine. This is after the coupon.

The labs are setup via real live equipment. I just started playing with them, so I will report back shortly.
    A+
    Network+
    Alright, first things first. Make sure you use Internet Explorer 10.X or higher, and that you have the latest version of Java installed.

Once you log into the lab, go to the settings icon on the top and switch from HTML to Java, then power up the devices in the first lab. :)
    A+
    Network+
    Working on the first lab. It's very very cool. I just learned about Auto secure

So far it's worth the $$$.
    A+
    Network+
    Noticed they don't have any labs for AAA configuration. Not the end of the world, I'm watching some videos that show the various config options for AAA. (Damn, there are a lot of them)
    A+
    Network+
    Not sure if work will reimburse, but I'll probably get them regardless. Glad to hear they're worthwhile. Aiming to take this exam by the end of December.
    Purchased the practice labs today. Plan is to work through them this month, work through the practice exams next month, and hopefully get this cert done before Christmas. I start on CCNA CyberOps in December, so I don't want to drag this into that.
    Purchased the practice labs today. Plan is to work through them this month, work through the practice exams next month, and hopefully get this cert done before Christmas. I start on CCNA CyberOps in December, so I don't want to drag this into that.

Nice, I finished the first 3 modules already. I feel the knowledge gained is worth the price.

Only topic that threw me off a bit is TCP Intercept.
    A+
    Network+
    2URGSE wrote: »
    Nice, I finished the first 3 modules already. I feel the knowledge gained is worth the price.

Only topic that threw me off a bit is TCP Intercept.

Good to hear. I just went through the first lab to get a feel for it. I doubt I'll have time to dig into it until next week, but I like the layout so far. Just hope I can knock this out and pass it first try before the year end. *fingerscrossed*
  • Human207Human207 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello friends, I have a good advice for your. I bought CCNA Security 210-260 video course from OCG author.I was spend a lot of money. And I decide to share someone, if whowant to share me boson material.(exam quetions)

I want to look question quickliy. Lets to help each other . Please.