Passed ICND2 tonight

jboogie81jboogie81 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I have not posted much on these forums, mostly because any question i had was already asked in one way or another. But these forums were a great asset in the journey to CCNA. Thanks to everyone asking and answering questions!!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats I'll be working on this one for a while

how long did you study and did you have prior experience or home lab only
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! :D
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • mr.comfortablymr.comfortably Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I want to take mine before the new year, but I'm getting pretty nervous.
    Its getting close, any tips of what you did a few weeks prior to the test?

Thanks!
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congrats! dont let your skills fade!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • jboogie81jboogie81 Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats I'll be working on this one for a while

how long did you study and did you have prior experience or home lab only

I work anywhere from 50-80hrs a wk and have a toddler at home with a 9mo pregnant wife, so it took me awhile. I passed ICND1 on July 3rd and ICND2 on Nov 30th. I have 2 Cisco 1921, one 2821, and two 2960 switches, but i used alot of GNS3, too.
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
  • dotPHdotPH Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    jboogie81 wrote: »
    I work anywhere from 50-80hrs a wk and have a toddler at home with a 9mo pregnant wife, so it took me awhile. I passed ICND1 on July 3rd and ICND2 on Nov 30th. I have 2 Cisco 1921, one 2821, and two 2960 switches, but i used alot of GNS3, too.

Congrats!
    I'm in the same situation, working for almost 50hrs a week + kids vs CCNA is tough. The only time time I have to study is early in the morning before I get to work. I'm scheduled in next couple of weeks for ICND1 and hopefully I'm ready by that time.

How's ICND2 exam? It is something you can take a month after you pass ICND1?

Btw, sorry kinda off topic... I sent you a private message.
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass. what study methods did you use?
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□

Dude. Even bigger congrats! You changed not only your life, but THEIRS!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Dude, that is no doubt a tough feat. I know the struggle. Great job on the perseverance, and the pass.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []