Options

New Updates to CCVP

mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
For those you not on the Cisco Mailing List.... the CCVP is changing! The CCVP is Changing!

CCVP Blueprint
Last day for the Current GWGK exam April 26 2007.
New Updates to CCVP 

The CCVP certification curriculum has been revised to ensure network professional have the most current training available and the skills necessary to be effective in the ever evolving world of voice technologies. 

The updates to this curriculum are specific to the Implementing Voice Gateways and Gatekeepers (GWGK) and the Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT) courses and exams. The Quality of Service (QOS) and Cisco Voice Over IP (CVOICE) courses and corresponding exams will remain the same. 

The new Gateway Gatekeeper curriculum features expanded labs, and updates to the lessons on IP to IP gateways and RSVP. 

The CIPT curriculum has been expanded to include a new exam that will validate a candidate's ability to install, configure and support Cisco Unified CallManager Release 5.0 in a Cisco Unified Communications deployment. Now candidates have a choice to achieve their CCVP by successfully passing either Call Manager 4.1 or Call Manager 5.0 exams: 

Along with passing the CVoice 642-432, IPTT 642-425, QOS 642-642, GW/GK 642-453 exam requirements, certification candidates also have to take either: 

• Call Manager 4.1: (CIPT1 and 2): exam 642-444 
OR 
• Call Manager (CIPT1 and 2) 5.0 Cisco 642-445. 

More information and free training resources are available on the Certification Community CCVP Corner. 

For those who are already experienced in Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1 deployments and only need to acquire the expertise and knowledge needed to successfully transition from Cisco Unified CallManager 4.x to Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0, a non-certification course is available – Upgrading to Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0 (UCM50). UCM50 covers the most important changes, new features, and migration considerations in Cisco Unified CallManager Release 5.0. 
:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!

Comments

• Options
    hedhrtshedhrts Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's just great. I'm going to have to put my CCVP studies on hold anyways due to no access to lab equipment. When I get back to work, probably in late January, I should be able to get back on track then.

I guess I'll go see what the Microsoft folks are doing. Maybe I can get a MCSE in the next couple of months, or at least get started. I should have enough pc's at home to make a go at that cert. I heard a rumor that Microsoft is getting into the VOIP world. Nobody seems to be content to play in their own back yard anymore.