Registered for Sec+ Exam 1st Week in Jan!

infosecuritygirlinfosecuritygirl Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
That might sound exciting, but I'm clearly not ready. My results from yesterday's TestOut exam was 48%. Today's exam was 56% but I don't know if that's because I memorized some of the answers to the questions rather than 'knowing' the answers to the questions.

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    yesterday's TestOut exam was 48%. Today's exam was 56%

8% increase in one day. You'll be at over 300% by January at that pace! icon_cheers.gif I like your odds
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Good luck.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    8% increase in one day. You'll be at over 300% by January at that pace! icon_cheers.gif I like your odds

I always think a little crazy like that too. TestOuts great but now its time to expand.

Listen, you have a month. You went through the theory. Now its time to solidify it.

You need to go Full Freaking Messer. watch all of his videos AND his monthly study group streams. Those longer review sessions are what you need!

You can also go full Darril Gibson! have him whisper the differences between PEAP vs EAP-TLS in mp3 form while you are going to bed or driving.

Dont forget gibsons practice question banks on his website! They are updated often.

btw you never said you had a book! Testout just has some pdfs and thats it. GET A BOOK!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I agree with Cisco-Inferno. Especially in regard to Gibson's book. Get it and the online resources!!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • N7ValiantN7Valiant Member Posts: 363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, it's not exactly helpful to just keep taking the same test so soon after the last time. As you said, that might have more to do with you remembering the last set of questions. Wait a week or two after studying, or take a different sourced test.
    OSCP
    MCSE: Core Infrastructure
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016
    CompTIA A+ | Network+ | Security+ CE
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! Watch out with the holidays!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • shoeyshoey Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer videos FTW!!! Good luck!!
    "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan