Options

CCNP Collaboration

frankapfrankap Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

Looking for some advice. I currently hold CCNA - RS / Security. I work for an Audio Visual company who are moving into lots of IT collaboration. They have identified me as a potential candidate to undergo training in Collaboration upto a CCNP level. I will work mainly along with other system architects in networking to be a Collaboration Resource or SME (if you can call me that) This is probably going to be a huge career move for me. I have been asked to come with a cost analysis for getting myself trained / certified.

What are some of the courses I can take to start the education process?

Comments

• Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You will need to get the CCNA COLLABORATION exam which is 2 exams before you can venture into CCNP Collaboration. Unless if you go to a week long bootcamp for each class (exam) the training is pretty scarce for collaboration at a CCNP level. I know cisco has e-learning courses which supposed to go over each class and have labs. Also cisco devnet allows you to vpn into their labs and do testing with the cucm suite for free.
  • Options
    shortstop20shortstop20 Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    frankap wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for some advice. I currently hold CCNA - RS / Security. I work for an Audio Visual company who are moving into lots of IT collaboration. They have identified me as a potential candidate to undergo training in Collaboration upto a CCNP level. I will work mainly along with other system architects in networking to be a Collaboration Resource or SME (if you can call me that) This is probably going to be a huge career move for me. I have been asked to come with a cost analysis for getting myself trained / certified.

What are some of the courses I can take to start the education process?

My work purchased CCNA and CCNP Collaboration training for me thru Skyline. It's actually Cisco training though. I like it, some good labs. You will need more information to pass the exams though. I'm not doing the certs because I'm just the backup person for our VoIP. I'm more focused on R/S and Security.
    CCNA Security - 6/11/2018
    CCNP TShoot - 3/7/2018
    CCNP Route - 1/31/2018
    CCNP Switch - 12/10/2015
    CCNA R/S - 1/14/2015
  • Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck then! You've quite the journey ahead of you :)

In addition to what's been already shared, look on salesconnect.cisco.com for these sets of vids:

- Video Training for Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video - Part 1 of 2

- Video Training for Implementing Cisco IP Telephony and Video - Part 2 of 2

- Video Training for Implementing Cisco Collaboration Applications

These might be helpful to some degree but not enough.

Collab stuff is scarce and unless you go with a training vendor, there's few chances of getting the "good stuff" in regards to books, training material etc.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)