CISM - Provisional Pass 12/1

nevermorenevermore Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
Provisionally passed the CISM today. Used the ISACA QAE DB exclusively for about a month to prepare. Felt comfortable with most of the questions but ended up flagging around 30 of them for additional review. Completed the exam in about 2 hours.

Now just have to wait for the official verdict from ISACA. Good luck to those preparing to take the exam.
Obtained:
  • CISSP/ISSAP/ISSMP, CISM, GISP, CEH
  • M.S. Information Security and Assurance Norwich University
  • B.S. Cybersecurity UMUC
In Queue: PMP, CCSP, CRISC

Comments

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job! Posts like this inspire me to sit for the exam soon.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I too passed on the 27th Nov. So nice to have it all wrapped up before Christmas (pun intended!!) 😬
    CISSP
    CISM
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations.

How did you find the exam compared to CISSP?
  • nevermorenevermore Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I felt the CISM was a bit more straightforward but it could be additional experience and exposure since obtaining the CISSP that is contributing to that mindset. Either way it was still a challenging exam.

The CISSP was also a test of mental endurance. The format has recently changed where (ISC)2 has gone to an adaptive format for the CISSP exam. No longer a 6 hour marathon with 250 questions. With the new format I can't really provide feedback based on the current model.
    Obtained:

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats sir! :)

Just curious though, when ISACA says, you "provisionally passed", does this mean you can still fail or that they just need to verify something (aside from the certification requirements)?
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • nevermorenevermore Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not certain on the exact particulars on the provisional status from ISACA. Per their website official scores are sent within 10 working days. If I had to guess there may be some integrity and validation checks that occur on the back-end before they provide the official/confirmation of the score.
    Obtained: