CCSKv4 - Passed Dec 1

tchera19tchera19 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the new v4 exam a couple of days ago. The resources that I used are the CCSKv4 guide and the ENISA document (though just skimmed this).The exam was pretty straight forward and I completed it in just over an hour. I had a few questions on the CCM and I lost my excel sheet so that took an extra few mins to download again. Overall , I probably got only 6-7 questions from the ENISA and CCM.

IMHO the exam is only worth it if your employer is forking the fees. It is definitely worth a read though.

Now on to my next challenge CCSP !

Comments

• averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats...

If you had a CISSP, would you still do CCSK before CCSP?
  • tchera19tchera19 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Thanks !!
  • tchera19tchera19 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...

If you had a CISSP, would you still do CCSK before CCSP?

Thanks.

From what have been posted in the CCSP passed forums , I decided to incorporate the CCSK guides (CSA +NIST) in my CCSP study plan. Several people in the forums have mentioned that it is a good supplementary resource for the CCSP.I will definitely recommend going through the CSA guide at least once to complement whatever CCSP book you will be using. I'm now going through the CCSPbook and it appears that CISSP knowledge is definitely required to pass this exam.

The resources that I will be using are - CSAv4 and ENISA, CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide (Sybex) ,Review CISSP notes,NIST 800-146 and 800-125.
    I'm targetting late Jan/early Feb 2018. Hope I answered your question.

Cheers !
    Thanks you, I will add the CCSK study material to my study list and skip writing the CCSK test and focus on the CCSP. I will save 300-400$ USD in the process.

I am targeting the same timing as you for the CCSP as my CISSP study is still fresh in my head.
  • djcarterdjcarter Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks you, I will add the CCSK study material to my study list and skip writing the CCSK test and focus on the CCSP. I will save 300-400$ USD in the process.

I am targeting the same timing as you for the CCSP as my CISSP study is still fresh in my head.

That is very much what I would suggest doing, especially keeping the momentum going from the CISSP material. Much of the CCSP material pertains to adapting that knowledge to a cloud environment rather than completely new concepts, beyond the basic concepts of cloud, so it's an ideal progression.
    djcarter wrote: »
    That is very much what I would suggest doing, especially keeping the momentum going from the CISSP material. Much of the CCSP material pertains to adapting that knowledge to a cloud environment rather than completely new concepts, beyond the basic concepts of cloud, so it's an ideal progression.

The day after CISSP, I started to read a CCSP book, but I had to take a break, it is so similar that I was having the impression to read the same book over and over :)

I am still not decided which book to use, either your AIO book, or the official ISC2 book. I will probably read both. :) with Safaribookonline, choosing another book is just a click away :)