CISM QAE Database vs Review QAE Manual

LionelbuzzLionelbuzz Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
Whats the difference between the CISM QAE Database and the Review QAE Manual. Just so that I can make a choice of purchase.

Comments

• mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I gave up on the manual after a couple of pages. Such a dry, hard going read.

The Q&A db is all I used to study and pass the exam.
    CISSP
    CISM
    mattster79 wrote: »

The Q&A db is all I used to study and pass the exam.

And the Cybrary videos.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    The QAE Manual has the questions in booklet format, and it is not ideal because it has the answers right there under each question. The QAE database is an online testing application that is highly customizable in how you want to set up practice exams. Do not do the manual. Get the database. You can mimic the real exam using the database. I used solely the database to pass the CISM, CISA and CRISC.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • nawanisnawanis Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation on hat trick. So, what I'm reading is that there is no need to read review manual by ISACA?
    Thanks for sharing your learning
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    nawanis wrote: »
    Congratulation on hat trick. So, what I'm reading is that there is no need to read review manual by ISACA?
    Thanks for sharing your learning

I say it depends. I myself couldn't read the books as they're too dry. I just pounded the QAE DB over and over. Also, I have experience in the domains for the exams so I felt comfortable just doing the QAE DB. I say to get the DB and see where your scores end up. If you can get decent scores right away, skip the review manuals.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • LionelbuzzLionelbuzz Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks JoJoCal19 for the insight. However apart from the GUI is the types of questions and count of questions in there are the same or a much wider variety.
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□

Agreed! icon_lol.gif Can't help but get sleepy while reading the manual..
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
    Agreed! icon_lol.gif Can't help but get sleepy while reading the manual..

Man, I have never read anything so dull! If you’re having trouble sleeping, read a few pages of the manual....you’ll be off in no time 😁

It’ll be interesting to see what the AIO is like when it’s released next year. However, if you have the required work experience the Q&A db is sufficent.
    CISSP
    CISM
    I'm scheduled to take the exam ion 18-12-2017. Any last week prep tips are most welcome
    Anyone of you who have taken the CISM exam in the last 3 months, are the questions same as the QAE db / QAE Manual or they are different and a pure representation of daily life work experiences?
    Lionelbuzz wrote: »
    Anyone of you who have taken the CISM exam in the last 3 months, are the questions same as the QAE db / QAE Manual or they are different and a pure representation of daily life work experiences?

If you are asking if any of Q&A questions will show up on the actual exam, then the answer is no.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Lionelbuzz wrote: »

I took it in September and the questions were not the same.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    If you are asking if any of Q&A questions will show up on the actual exam, then the answer is no.

Btw, I passed the exam 2 weeks ago.
    CISSP
    CISM
    Can you give me an example of the questions that came up just as an example to get a perspective.