DMVPN in China

aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

We've got a couple of sites in China that use DMVPN to other offices around the world. A few weeks back the DMVPN stopped working and from packet captures we saw no incoming udp/500 traffic. I know China filter their internet traffic and I've seen reports online that China want to block VPNs by Feb 2018.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/11/china-moves-to-block-internet-vpns-from-2018

Does anyone know if it's still possible to have a business VPN in China now? The local contacts have spoken to the respective ISPs and the ISPs say they are not blocking udp/500 (this may be their default response or it's being blocked by the Great Firewall of China).

If China are blocking *all* VPNs (home & business with no exceptions) then we are going to need to look at alternative solutions.

Thanks,
Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S

Comments

• Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    I've heard reports of this for a while now. Have a quick Google you will see plenty of reports of people having to purchase other solutions from a Chinese ISP instead
  • aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Welly_59,

Thanks. I was hoping someone might know if there was a process to apply for a license (or similar) to have a business VPN in China.

Oh well, looks like we'll be looking at alternative solutions.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S