An Official CISSP Member! (Passed-2nd Attempt)

DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey Guys,

I've officially received my CISSP certification this week and provisionally passed the exam on October 19th (2nd attempt). I would like to give thanks to the TechExams community as you guys definitely pointed me in the right direction as well as giving me inspiration to go for my exam. I started studying this exam last December and it took 10 months to study based on my previous employers's work schedule. But in the end I finally made it! I could post my CISSP journey but it'll come off as a novel :).

One of the biggest success factors going into the exam 2nd time around was the 3-wave pass strategy although this won't be the case for the future candidates who will be taking the CAT version. I've used the a lot of literature and exam in preparation for the exam:

Shon Harris's AIO (Went 4 domains in and stopped - too dry and way overly technical)
Eric Conrad's CISSP Study Guide and 11th Hour
The CISSP Sunflower Guide
Sybex Official CISSP Study Guide
Sybex Official CISSP Study Question Bank
Mike Chapple's CISSP Online Videos
Cybrary Kelly Handerhan's CISSP videos
BOSON CISSP Exam Simulator
CCCCure Question Bank
A part time college CISSP course (1 day a week, 3 hour course for 1 semester)

If you have any questions, let me know, thank you all!

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • gkcagkca Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats to the fellow Canadian!
    "I needed a password with eight characters so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves." (c) Nick Helm
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A huge congrats to you sir! icon_cheers.gif

It's unfortunate that the three-pass strategy won't work anymore due to the shift to CAT. Been thinking of just sitting for the exam before the change takes effect (although I would be throwing away the exam fee icon_sad.gif ) as I'm not confident that I can do it in one go anyway.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • laurieHlaurieH Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done! It's a good feeling to get it completed isn't it? Just make sure you don't let it lapse - I wouldn't fancy going through the pain again!
    CCNA - expired
    CISSP - live n' kickin'
    My CISSP study apps
    My CISSP study advice blog
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks guys!

@Info_Sec_Wanna - Best of luck when you do your exam, definitely let us know your results! The counter-side is that the exam is shorter so you're not necessary battling a marathon.

@LaurieH - It feels like the whole weight of the world just came off my shoulders, it's time to look forward and start planning for the rewards. I did take a look at your blog as I was studying, there is good tips on your website, it helped a lot. I'll have to strategically plan my CPE credits for the net couple of years to hit my CPE target.
  • shoeyshoey Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!
    "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DZA_ wrote: »
    @Info_Sec_Wanna - Best of luck when you do your exam, definitely let us know your results! The counter-side is that the exam is shorter so you're not necessary battling a marathon.

Thanks! Will definitely share my experience after taking a shot at the exam. For now, I'll resume my preparations as all the slots in the test centers / sites near my place and office have been filled up. icon_lol.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • albarnetalbarnet Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats,

I'm just starting what material shall I start reading???

Thanks

Andra
    albarnett5@gmail.com
  • jortjrjortjr Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    albarnet wrote: »
    Congrats,

I'm just starting what material shall I start reading???

I'd recommend start reading the Sybex ISC2 Official CISSP Study Guide because it's less dry compared to the other pieces of literature.