Sitting the ICND 2 exam this coming week!!

McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

After attending a crash course for ICND 2 I set myself a deadline and booked the exam. I feel I work better under pressure and without a deadline I wouldn't study as hard as I should. With the date fast approaching, can anyone offer advice on how best to spend the rest of my time working towards achieving the CCNA R&S?

So far I have read the Todd Lammle study guide which has been great for summarizing topics and making the dreary topics interesting. However, I wouldn't solely rely on it as it doesn't cover EVERYTHING. To supplement that I have also read over the official study guide provided by Cisco on learningspace and am using the labs provided for the practical element.

I am looking for a bit of productive advice to allow me to summarize the objectives and hopefully achieve the ICND 2 on first-attempt.
2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.

Comments

• techlvr81techlvr81 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi McElhinney,

I work better with a deadline as well, that is the only way that will make me stay on track and study regularly. I recently passed ICND2 this weekend and I can say it is a tough exam, more in the sense that the questions are tricky. I would definitely say lab as much as possible, knowing which configurations are correct helps a lot for the exam. Todd Lammle offers Packet Tracer labs for free for those who have bought his study guide. Some of the labs provided have troubleshooting scenarios for EIGRP, OSPF, PPP, and IPV4 and IPV6 which I found helpful in preparation for the exam. I used Packet Tracer for labs, and also used GNS3.

Email [FONT=&amp]jim[/FONT][FONT=&amp]@lammle.com [/FONT][FONT=&amp]and provide him with the invoice from your book purchase and he will send the labs to you.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

I can't emphasize enough that you must be quick on the simulations during the exam, and know the best way to find the correct answers. I found that most of the questions could be answered with show run, but some require more than that. So I would say to definitely know your troubleshooting show commands.
  • McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    techlvr81 wrote: »
    Hi McElhinney,

I work better with a deadline as well, that is the only way that will make me stay on track and study regularly. I recently passed ICND2 this weekend and I can say it is a tough exam, more in the sense that the questions are tricky. I would definitely say lab as much as possible, knowing which configurations are correct helps a lot for the exam. Todd Lammle offers Packet Tracer labs for free for those who have bought his study guide. Some of the labs provided have troubleshooting scenarios for EIGRP, OSPF, PPP, and IPV4 and IPV6 which I found helpful in preparation for the exam. I used Packet Tracer for labs, and also used GNS3.

Email [FONT=&amp]jim[/FONT][FONT=&amp]@lammle.com [/FONT][FONT=&amp]and provide him with the invoice from your book purchase and he will send the labs to you.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

I can't emphasize enough that you must be quick on the simulations during the exam, and know the best way to find the correct answers. I found that most of the questions could be answered with show run, but some require more than that. So I would say to definitely know your troubleshooting show commands.

Thanks for your response. I have taken the next few days off work to really focus on my studies in the hope that going over all the material, doing some practice questions and completing as many labs as possible will pay off. I have a print out of the objectives and am highlighting them when I feel comfortable.
    2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
    2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.
  • techlvr81techlvr81 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Your welcome. Good idea taking a few days off to focus on your studies, and your plan sounds good. I took a day off before my exam and reviewed my notes and did labs. What are you using for practice exams?