Passed CISM - 12/09/2017

laporte80laporte80 Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, Provisionally passed CISM last Saturday (12/09). I used exclusively ISACA prep materials (CISM Manual, Q&A DB, and CISM Community) for about a month. I've reviewed all the questions from DB at least once. I will update this thread once I get the final score.

Comments

• mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Many congratulations
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job sir! icon_thumright.gif

(Not only for passing the exam, but also for being able to read/review/study the ISACA CISM Manual.. icon_lol.gif)
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • laporte80laporte80 Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job sir! icon_thumright.gif

(Not only for passing the exam, but also for being able to read/review/study the ISACA CISM Manual.. icon_lol.gif)

Thank you Sir, the CISM Manual sometimes drove me nuts ... icon_lol.gif
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations.

My exam is tomorrow, I have not actually finished the manual I found it too boring and dull. I do feel confident that I will pass but i guess will see. Exam time is 6:30 PM which is not great but it was the only time available.
  • LionelbuzzLionelbuzz Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the best za3bour. I have mine scheduled on 18th. Please do let me know a little more once you are thru with the test (like a sample question or two on test day). Godspeed mate
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @Lionelbuzz - I don't think anyone is allowed to share actual questions. ISACA's QAE should contain all of the sample questions you need to prepare for the exam.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    I think that's a fair ask. I think I'll just have to do whatever on the day. It's just that in one of these forums I read that there's nothing from the QAE database and that got me thinking and freaking me out. The scary part is on the ISACA forums read about a few getting 449 or a 445. I mean that's too close to miss the mark.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The QAE db tests one's knowledge of the topics which also applies to the real exam. The real test will not have the same questions, but it tests on the same topics. If you understand the knowledge areas then you will be fine. If you only hope to memorize practice questions thinking they will be repeated on the real exam then you are in trouble. There is a reason why ISACA requires several years of experience before CISM hopefuls can become fully certified. icon_wink.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lionelbuzz wrote: »
    All the best za3bour. I have mine scheduled on 18th. Please do let me know a little more once you are thru with the test (like a sample question or two on test day). Godspeed mate

Thanks, I've passed :D It took me 2 hours and 30 minutes to finish the exam. I think 4 hours is plenty of time. My advice to you is to do your best. I can't speak much of the questions but most of them were reasonable
    Thanks for the motivation. It helps..
    za3bour wrote: »
    Thanks, I've passed :D It took me 2 hours and 30 minutes to finish the exam. I think 4 hours is plenty of time. My advice to you is to do your best. I can't speak much of the questions but most of them were reasonable

Congrats za3bour! I also found I had plenty of time to go carefully through all the questions. I flagged about 35 questions for review, then I went through those again and I ended up changing about 30% of my initial answers. After reviewing the flagged ones, I decided to give another pass on the first 50 questions, as I felt that I was not 100% focused/concentrated while answering them, I ended up changing another 35-40% of my answers, needless to say that I am glad that I gave a second pass on the first 50 questions.
    Lionelbuzz wrote: »
    All the best za3bour. I have mine scheduled on 18th.

wish you good luck Lionelbuzz