Cisco to acquire Broadsoft

negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-broadsoft-m-a-cisco-systems/cisco-nears-deal-to-acquire-broadsoft-source-idUSKBN1CS02Q

So it looks like Cisco's looking to acquire Broadsoft (which have some very cool products).

CCNP Collab refresh anybody? More stuff crammed in? icon_cool.gif
2017-2018 goals:
[X] CIPTV2 300-075
[ ] SIP School SSCA
[X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
[ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)

Comments

• ccie14023ccie14023 Member Posts: 183
    Thankfully for those who are studying for certifications, it can take a while to roll new acquisitions into the certification blueprints...
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ccie14023 wrote: »
    Thankfully for those who are studying for certifications, it can take a while to roll new acquisitions into the certification blueprints...

Agreed though i can't help but wonder if they're going to shove Broadsoft stuff in the Collab track down the road like they did the Tandberg line. Anyhow, love your blog and TAC Tales posts - so much truth to those posts! icon_thumright.gif
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I guess I can spread the beans. The CCNP Collab exam is already done. I sat on the board and wrote some of the test questions.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    I guess I can spread the beans. The CCNP Collab exam is already done. I sat on the board and wrote some of the test questions.

Oh, wow, really? Nice stuff. I still dread having to take that CIPTV2 until August 2018. Nowadays I do Cisco IPT every freakin' day (about 8 clusters with ILS, 1 SME node and 1 Expressway pair) but not much work with Telepresence stuff so I feel anxious about that. I do have a some EX and SX endpoints in the lab at work and the 10.5 NFR kit - just need to get some time on the side with them I guess; neck deep into studies for ROUTE at the moment so, if all goes well, sometime in March i might get officially into CIPTV2 study-mode.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□

When you say it is "already done" what do you mean?
  • boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    welp, Cisco is now having to value add their own products, not looking good for their future I wonder if they plan releasing a new IOS anytime in the near future?
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • klampkinklampkin Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□

@ shodown - yeah can you clarify what you mean by already done?
    Done as in phasing out Collaboration track?
    or Done as in the current exam version is completed?

So the word on the "street" is that CIPTV2(300-075) is a beast on an exam. And thats simply due to lack of adequate study materials.
    I's crazy to read online thread like " Finally passed CIPTV2 after 5 attempts" - Now that's is just insane.

My NP voice expires early next year (201icon_cool.gif unless i take the CIPTV2 to convert to NP Collaboration. Contemplating on whether to renew the Voice/Collaboration track.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellyelampkin (Please connect :D)
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    what I mean by done is that the test bank for the refresh is already completed. I highly doubt they will be adding more questions to the bank. It takes some time to write exam questions and even prior to that we sit in a lot of meetings to even figure out whats covered.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • klampkinklampkin Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @ Shodown Okay. Thanks for clarifying.
    I hear you..... from my experience (CCNP R&S and some other tracks), It does take some time to write/review good Cisco exam questions.
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellyelampkin (Please connect :D)