eJPT - actual time required for the exam

yhadjiyhadji Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have just finished studying the course material and also done a final review.

I fill that i am confortable with all the topics covered(recently passed sec+). Will it really require 3 days to finish the exam?

I am asking as i want to finish it this week but will be able to devote the next 2 consecutive days for the exam and not 3. I have the elite package so i will be able to retake the exam in case i fail.

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I finished in in maybe 5-6 hours. It doesnt take 3 days, but its an option if you are having difficulties
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Does the test time come from the lab hours that came as part of the package or is it separate?
    tedjames wrote: »
    Does the test time come from the lab hours that came as part of the package or is it separate?

Separate
    Perfect, thanks!
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    I finished in in maybe 5-6 hours. It doesnt take 3 days, but its an option if you are having difficulties

It took me the whole 3 days. I had messed something up.. facepalm.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Teach me your ways!!!!
    For real that is all it took you? and you learned all the info? I can complete that much studying on a sunday at work if that is the case...
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
    That's the time it took to finish the test, it took more hours to study and do the labs.
  • yhadjiyhadji Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello again... just finished and passed .

It took me a total of 15 hours with breaks in between.
  • wayne_wonderwayne_wonder Member Posts: 215 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats how did you find it?
    I would say that i found the course a bit boring because most of the things were spoon fed as others have said in this forum. But i found the exam was a bit more challenging. On a scale from 1 to 10 i would say it was 7 in terms of challenge. But that of course really depends on the knowledge of the person taking the course and exam.

Just to put it in perspective it took me around 50 hours to study the course/labs and 15 hours for the exam

Definitely recommend it to complete begginers.
  • mkjoungmkjoung Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just out of curiosity.. are you taking this exam/cert to find a new job? Maybe pentesting or security specific role? Also, how much would this cert help you find a job as a security analyst/engineer?

Thanks and good luck!
    Yes i am trying to break into the information security field. As for the cert, its an introductory course but sets a good foundation for more advanced courses such as oscp.
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    I'm done with the course. Still have about 40 hours of left in my lab so I'm going to recap everything and then take the exam. Pretty stoked. I actually enjoyed the course, but it does little for me since I work in networking. I really just took it for fun and to help get familiar with the tools so when I get to OSCP, i'm not 100% lost.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • asuraniaasurania Member Posts: 145
    I finished the course and exam last week.
    The course did solidify the knowledge i had about pentesting, and also learned some new stuff to.

eJPT exam was challenging but i did pass, and i also pin pointed what my weakness.

I am now moving onto the eCPPT course then exam.

Final goal is to do the OSCP.

eJPT certification will not get you a job, since it is to junior.
    It is more of a stepping stone to get you the eCPPT (The knowledge from this certification, along with the eJPT will get you the job).
    Most companies will want to see the OSCP for you to get a job. (My understanding is that eJPT/eCPPT does cover a huge chunk of the OSCP topics).
  • alert_1alert_1 Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yhadji wrote: »
    I would say that i found the course a bit boring because most of the things were spoon fed as others have said in this forum. But i found the exam was a bit more challenging. On a scale from 1 to 10 i would say it was 7 in terms of challenge. But that of course really depends on the knowledge of the person taking the course and exam.

Just to put it in perspective it took me around 50 hours to study the course/labs and 15 hours for the exam

Definitely recommend it to complete begginers.

I would agree with this. It was a great course for beginners but did seem to get a bit boring by the end. I think I took just a little longer than you in the lab but the exam took me around the same amount of time.

What's next? eCPPT?
    During the exam, can you pause the exam so you're not burning exam time while you sleep or eat, or do they just give you 72 hours straight in which to finish?

Edit: I found the answer: https://www.elearnsecurity.com/certification/ejpt/process

Looks like you can pause the lab. It doesn't say, though, that the clock stops ticking.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The clock continues to tick, you are only pausing the test environment and not the actual exam.
    wd40 wrote: »
    The clock continues to tick, you are only pausing the test environment and not the actual exam.

Thank you!
  • Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Just finished it. Started around 5pm. It's 2:00am now.

I was having some hiccups on brute forcing, but all in all, it was a fun exam. On to the NEXT!
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
    Fantastic! Congrats!