Options

Passowrd manager

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Hi,

can anyone suggest a good team based password manager that has ability to permit access to groups, we have about 150 users for this.

Looking at things like lastpass, keepass and secret server.

Any other suggestions to throw in to the mix, quite keen on cloud based solution.

Cheers

Aaron
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• Options
    knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    We use passwordSafe. Free and simple
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I loved Secret Server three jobs ago. Priced right, good support, flexible enough for us.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    We used Password Manager Pro at one of last employers. Was pretty flexible and easy to use.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I loved Secret Server three jobs ago. Priced right, good support, flexible enough for us.

I was shocked by the cost if you go all in for all the extras, for 40 users it was pushing £100K. However for the more basic package it was more around the £8K mark. Assuming it does what it claims that would be a reasonable amount so to hear you approve of it give it an extra point or two :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My two cents: I'd be moving towards the product which can do the things you mentioned, plus:

- One time password support for sensitive accounts (unless that's already being handled another way)
    - Quality log output, preferably to the Windows event log
  • Options
    jm0202jm0202 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    any password manager free product for mac?
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like Keepass.

If you want a more managed solution check out Pleasant Password Server.

PasswordServer - Pleasant Password Server - Pleasant Solutions
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jm0202 wrote: »
    any password manager free product for mac?

I like KeePassX
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I was shocked by the cost if you go all in for all the extras, for 40 users it was pushing £100K. However for the more basic package it was more around the £8K mark. Assuming it does what it claims that would be a reasonable amount so to hear you approve of it give it an extra point or two :)

DANG, they have certainly raised prices. This is far from what we paid for a similar license around 2012-2013.
  • Options
    mnashemnashe Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been asked to research for our organization. Any different ones highly recommended in 2018? I'm looking for one to use in our company but also good for our employees to use at home for their personal accounts?

I've been looking at Keepersecurity and Dashlane, but I need advice from the techexam gurus :)
  • Options
    williebwillieb Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've been using RoboForm for years, it works great. It supports teams and if you only need it as an individual and have an edu email address it's free...

https://roboform.com/

LastPass is not bad either, and supports teams.

https://lastpass.com/
    [X] CCENT ICND1 100-105
    [X] CCNA ICND2 200-105
    [X] CCNP ROUTE 300-101
    [X] CCNP SWITCH 300-115
    [X] CCNP TSHOOT 300-135
    [ ] CCDP ARCH 300-320
  • Options
    ansionnachclisteansionnachcliste Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dashlane is very awesome.