Got that CCNA again...finally

IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey folks,

I'm glad to say I just passed the Cisco CCNA 200-125 exam. The last time I held the CCNA certification was after passing the ICND1 640-822 and ICND2 640-816 exams way back in September of 2013.

Just to recap:
I started dabbling in other technologies after that first CCNA then started my Networking career in 2014 and was constantly in and out of certification studies.

Anyway started to get back to focus solely on networking technologies and Cisco again in 2016 to try to renew CCNA. I attempted the CCNP ROUTE exam, failed, and I did not recertify. Got into VMware, and went up to VCP5-DCV. I starting learning and implementing alot of Fortinet Firewalls as well (didn't go for certs), but now back to the Cisco route and switch track.

I meant to take this exam back in September, but then hurricanes Irma and Maria demolished us here in Puerto Rico, so couldn't take the test up until today.

I'm back at it and I'm going to continue on to CCNP Route next. I hope to contribute more to the forum as my studies move along, maybe even create a thread on the CCNP forum, I know many people including myself enjoy those threads.

Good luck to all of you on your studies and happy labbing!!

Comments

• MitMMitM Member Posts: 622 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on passing! Glad to see things are looking up
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    congrats try network lessons.com to prepare for ccnp
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! on the Pass.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I found CCNA Security to be an easy one to add on top of CCNA R&S when it comes time to renew.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • IsmaeljrpIsmaeljrp Member Posts: 480 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kyrak wrote: »
    Congrats! I found CCNA Security to be an easy one to add on top of CCNA R&S when it comes time to renew.

So I've heard. I actually thought about doing that before going for the CCNP ROUTE exam. Can't remember why I decided against it, maybe because I was just more excited for the ROUTE material.