Question about renewing my certification

targicaltargical Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
My Security+, Network+, and A+ certifications expired last year, and I am interested in renewing them.
I was in high school when I got them, and my teacher explained that they went in increasing difficulty from A+ to N+ to S+.

My question is, if I renew Security+, will it renew the other two as well?
I seriously doubt it, but since I probably only have enough time to take one exam before I move this information is very helpful in deciding which I will be renewing.

As a side note, please leave suggestions about how I should go about studying to renew this certification.
I am pretty sure the test has updated since I last took it, as have the other two.
Thank you very much for your time.

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes, it will renew them all.

You might surf around on comptia.org & most of your questions will be answered there.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • PseudonymousPseudonymous Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shochan wrote: »
    Yes, it will renew them all.

Are you sure? I don't think that's right. Security+ renews A+ and Network+, but he said the certifications are already expired. Once they expire, you have to take the test again to get certified. If you wanted the Security+ to renew the A+ and Network+, you would've had to do it within the 3 years that the A+ and Network+ were still active.

https://certification.comptia.org/continuing-education/learn/how-to-renew/ce-renewal-cycle
    Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA: CyberOps, eJPT, ITIL, etc.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I suppose it depends if your A+ and N+ was a GFL cert, because I passed those two exams in early 2000's...when I passed the Sec+ in 2016, it renewed all of my A+ & N+. So, to specifically answer the question, Targical may need to open up a CompTIA ticket from their website to confirm.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If they were GFL, they would not have expired. If you took a CE cert though, it converted them to CE...3 year cycle.

Since they all are expired according to OP, you would have to retake all 3...can’t just revive them from dead status.
  • GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    targical wrote: »
    My Security+, Network+, and A+ certifications expired last year, and I am interested in renewing them.
    I was in high school when I got them, and my teacher explained that they went in increasing difficulty from A+ to N+ to S+.

My question is, if I renew Security+, will it renew the other two as well?
    I seriously doubt it, but since I probably only have enough time to take one exam before I move this information is very helpful in deciding which I will be renewing.

As a side note, please leave suggestions about how I should go about studying to renew this certification.
    I am pretty sure the test has updated since I last took it, as have the other two.
    Thank you very much for your time.

icon_scratch.gif
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A+, N+, and S+ taken before Dec 31st 2010 is For Life.

Anything after that is 3 years.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree