CISM Study - Cybrary CISM Study Materials

lwhite81lwhite81 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
Currently studying for CISM, scheduled to take in Dec. I've been focusing primarily on the ISACA db questions and answers.
For my CISSP I found Kelly H.'s CISSP resources on Cybrary.it very helpful. Due to time constraints curious if anyone used Kelly's CISM resources on Cybrary and found them helpful. Currently only scoring in the 64% range on the ISACA db questions and cannot seem to score higher.
Thoughts?
Thank you!

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I just passed in September and I only used ISACA's material (manual and db).
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • jaguaarjaguaar Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Questions are way to slimy, vague to pass by looking at just videos. I think we need 70% and above in practice tests to get close to reasonable confidence level
    lwhite81 wrote: »
    Currently studying for CISM, scheduled to take in Dec. I've been focusing primarily on the ISACA db questions and answers.
    For my CISSP I found Kelly H.'s CISSP resources on Cybrary.it very helpful. Due to time constraints curious if anyone used Kelly's CISM resources on Cybrary and found them helpful. Currently only scoring in the 64% range on the ISACA db questions and cannot seem to score higher.
    Thoughts?
    Thank you!
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Did you read the official book? Only focusing on the question DB is ok...if you have exposure to a lot of the topics...if you don't have significant exposure (for example being able to narrow down the majority of questions to two answers), then you will definitely need to use additional resources.

I would look at which domains you are doing poorly in, read the domains in the official book, and watch videos. Obviously if you are doing poor in all domains, you will need to review everything.
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just make sure you attempt every question and read the explanations.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□

I'm also preparing to sit for the exam come December. In my opinion, if you've used Kelly's CISSP resource on Cybrary, chances are you will notice similarities on her approach and discussions where topics overlap, but nevertheless, I would say it is still useful as she provided more info / depth on certain areas (e.g., incident management). It's a pity though that the downloadable MP3s are not available unlike in the CISSP and CASP.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • cbdudekcbdudek Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Kelly's CISM resources on Cybrary and found them to be very good. I also used the ISACA DB for test questions. I passed my CISSP in April and my CISM in September. If you passed your CISSP recently, then using the CISM Cybrary resources and the ISACA DB should be enough for you to pass provided you hit the DB hard.
  • jaguaarjaguaar Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cbdudek wrote: »
    provided you hit the DB hard.
    ...means do the 1000 questions 4/5 times till you understand and get 90%?
  • lwhite81lwhite81 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Many thanks so all the replies. I'm hitting the db hard. Cannot seem to break the 64% score, but will keep working and will hit Cybrary CISM resources as time permits.
  • cbdudekcbdudek Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jaguaar wrote: »
    ...means do the 1000 questions 4/5 times till you understand and get 90%?

Yes! :)

The key word you used was "understand". Understanding the concepts is more important than the questions. After you take the questions enough times, you will know the answers, but do you understand them? Thats the key.
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found the Cybrary CISM material to be very useful.
  • lwhite81lwhite81 Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Many thanks. Exam is Monday, not feeling confident, I do better on technical exams, but we will see.....
  • mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Many thanks. Exam is Monday, not feeling confident, I do better on technical exams, but we will see.....

Good luck.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you are not confident reschedule because it's a lot of money to be wasted. I rescheduled my exam for another week when I felt not 100% ready. For me usually I am confident when I score 90% in practice
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□

Good luck and do let us know the result. icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • janus512janus512 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    FYI, there is a pretty good audio book on Audible called 'Essential CISM'. Seems to work well for the car or working out.
  • 2ndKoming2ndKoming Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone have the CISM QAE - Question Answer and Explanation Database CD-ROM exe I can use?
  • LarryFormLarryForm Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have the 2013 DB in zip file. I doubt it is any different from what ever the most recent one is.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    I used different apps for practicing questions on the go and at home.
    Finally I was wondering that all of the free and also payed apps and Q&As I got offered the same questions (even the same numbering).
    All of the practice questions I worked with (around 630) seemed to be too easy to be real.

And exactly - in the exam, there where about 5 to 10 questions I sort of knew from the used database.

I did not had the official ISACA DB, so better do not use others than the official ISACA one - waste of time and useless!