Options

Info on CISM after CISSP

joker197cinquejoker197cinque Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
I just passed CISSP exam and, because of established study mood, I would like to collect info about CISM to take it in 2018.
Can you please give me some advice and kindly answer to my doubts:
  • Is CISM hard more/less/same as CISSP (to set expectations)
  • Are CISM Review Manual, 15th Edition and CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations, 9th Edition study material enough for properly prepare for the exam ?
  • Any other precious advice ?
Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just buy the online Q&A db. That’s all you will need to study.

I passed the CISSP exam in July and passed the CISM exam 3 weeks ago. I hit the db hard for a month before sitting the exam.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Options
    No CBK or something like that ? Whooa
    Can you please link me Q&A DB (if possible) ?
    Was CISM harder than CISSP ?
  • Options
    mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here you go

https://m.isaca.org/bookstore/Pages/Product-Detail.aspx?Product_code=XMXCM15-12M

The review manual is a hard read so don’t bother with that. Just make sure you see every question in the db and answer every question correctly. Also make sure you understand why the question was right and why the other options were wrong.

The CISSP is more difficult but the CISM isn’t easy as such. It’s even more management focused than the CISSP.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • Options
    Can I become a member just registering to website ? I see that member price is lower ...
    Do you know if there is a planned format change ? Like the recent CAT CISSP ...
    Thanks for valuable info btw
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't think there is a change in format soon. I would skip the manual and focus on DB. Check the thread I wrote there are a couple of online courses I took that were benificial
  • Options
    H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just passed CISSP and I’m curious as well
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can I become a member just registering to website ? I see that member price is lower ...
    Do you know if there is a planned format change ? Like the recent CAT CISSP ...
    Thanks for valuable info btw

No, you would have to pay a membership fee of US$ 135. icon_sad.gif As to the planned format change, I don't think there will be anytime soon as they just changed to CBT recently (approximately 2 to 3 years ago if I'm not mistaken).
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]