Passed AWS Developer - Associate today

jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have been an infrastructure and security guy first and foremost throughout my career, but I have found myself leading devops teams more and more recently. I'm heavily involved with AWS design as well, so I thought studying for this would give me a better understanding of AWS from a dev's point of view.

Was a decent exam, definitely could have studied DynamoDB, SNS and SQS a bit more but managed to get by. It is not the same as the CSA and SysOps exams, less emphasis on infrastructure components and more on workflows and how DynamoDB design and throughput works.

I have heard the Dev exam called 'easier' than SysOps, but I think that depends on your background more than anything else. That said, I actually scored a little higher on this than the SysOps exam even though it 'felt' more difficult to me, so... what do I know.

Anyway, I am done with all 3 AWS Associate exams now... deciding on whether I should persue the CCSP or CSA Pro next. Decisions!
CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.

Comments

• EagerDinosaurEagerDinosaur Member Posts: 114
    Congratulations. Would you say there's a lot of extra work required to pass the developer associate exam after passing the architect associate exam, for an experienced developer?
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks! If you're coming from the dev side of the house and have already passed the architect exam, I'd say you're in good shape. Make sure you know the services in the blueprint fairly well.
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, this will be my next exam in the new year.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Sina80Sina80 Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    great, congrats
  • nawanisnawanis Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jayc71,
    Let me know if you are done with CCSP or planning to pursue. I cleared CCSP on 29-Nov-2017 & posted details about my strategy to pass on this site. Feel free to get in touch with me if I can help in anyway, anytime.
    Thanks,
    Ashok Nawani
    nawanis@iname.com
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • pencilpotpencilpot Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□