Passed CEH - 16th Dec 2017 - 94%

thm3004thm3004 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my CEH exam Last Sunday December 13th (1st Attempt) .. I got 94%
The exam was relatively easy. I finished the exam in exactly 1h and 5 min .

Questions are the same from several **** (Only 4 or 5 questions were new).

I used the following materials for exam preparation:

Official Courseware + LABs of ECC
Cbt Nuggets - EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker v9.0 Keith Barker

CEH Certified Ethical Hacker v9 Practice Exams (3rd Edition) Matt Walker
Certified.Ethical.Hacker.All-in-One.Exam.Guide.3rd.Edition
CEH v9 - Study Guide - 3E (2016)
CEH V9 PRACTICE TESTS Raymond Blockmon 2016

There is no need to take all LABs .. Exam test your theoretical understanding.
Don't waste you time.
I'm moving to CISSP .. See you in one month icon_biggrin.gif
Good luck.

Comments

• GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    thm3004 wrote: »
    I passed my CEH exam Last Sunday December 13th (1st Attempt) .. I got 94%
    The exam was relatively easy. I finished the exam in exactly 1h and 5 min .

Questions are the same from several **** (Only 4 or 5 questions were new).

I used the following materials for exam preparation:

Official Courseware + LABs of ECC
    Cbt Nuggets - EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker v9.0 Keith Barker

CEH Certified Ethical Hacker v9 Practice Exams (3rd Edition) Matt Walker
    Certified.Ethical.Hacker.All-in-One.Exam.Guide.3rd.Edition
    CEH v9 - Study Guide - 3E (2016)

There is no need to take all LABs .. Exam test your theoretical understanding.
    Don't waste you time.
    I'm moving to CISSP .. See you in one month icon_biggrin.gif
    Good luck.

icon_scratch.gif
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    So OP, since you cheated your way out of this disgrace of a cert, how do you plan to tackle CISSP? Can't **** that for sure.
  • PhalanxPhalanx Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I believe the word required here is "busted"!

Can even see a filename.with.full.stops.in.it.likely.pirated.

What a moron.
    Client & Security: Microsoft 365 Modern Desktop Administrator Associate | MCSE: Mobility
    Server & Networking: MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation | CompTIA Project+
    Currently Studying: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
  • thm3004thm3004 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys .. Why you are talking about Cheating?
    I worked on about 2000 questions and found that more than 100 questions in exam are exactly those I did in several books and ****!
    I have a good memory and ECC is like Microsoft, they are not putting a lot of effort in changing their questions frequently
    Never mind ..
    I passed mt PMP in first attempt
    200 questions in 4 Hours and all questions were new and I never saw before.
    CISSP will not take more than one month .icon_cool.gif
    Guys .. Why you are talking about Cheating?
    I worked on about 2000 questions and found that more than 100 questions in exam are exactly those I did in several books and ****!
    I have aicon_arrow.gifgood memory icon_cool.gifand ECC is like Microsoft, they are not putting a lot of effort in changing their questions frequently

ncool.gif
    Never mind ..
    I passed mt PMP in first attempt ( I believe you. Trust me)
    200 questions in 4 Hours and all questions were new and I never saw before icon_lol.gif. (Rightttttttttt)
    CISSP will not take more than one month.icon_cool.gif

I believe some stuff stated up above.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□

$hitter is full THM!!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    OP, are you trying to say that you don't know that **** are illegal stolen intellectual property that constitute cheating and can make you lose your cert?
    I paid a lot of money to buy all listed books above
    All **** where from these books my friend

Is that really illegal?
    OK, certianly there is some confusion here. Let's take it one step at a time. What EXACTLY is it that you call a "****"? Do you mean questions from the end of the book chapters? Becuase that is certainly not what **** are.

This book contains 625 questions.
    Many questions in the exam exist in that book.
    Yes exactly .. Questions from Books
    And I listed the sources in my thread
    I'm not native ensglish speaker
    A appologize for the consfusion icon_biggrin.gif
  • jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Perhaps there is confusion, perhaps not.

Let me help clarify. "****" refers to collections of actual exam questions, that have been obtained through dubious means. They are commonly used by less than reputable individuals to study the exact questions and answers that will appear on the test, rather than actually learning the material being covered by the questions.

The result of passing an exam through a "****" is a "paper cert", and it is held by a "paper expert". Also known as a "paper tiger".

In the certification world, it is pretty much the lowest class of life form. That may be debatable in some forums, but certainly they are held in contempt here on TechExams.

Using a practice exam, that is sourced from a legitimate vendor, is another issue. These typically don't cover the exam questions word for word, but do tend to test the same material at a similar level. Some are highly regarded, others less so. So long as you paid for the books, and the associated practice exams, there is no fault in using them to test your knowledge. However, there is a distinct risk of learning the questions, rather than learning the material.

Your initial posts refers to the questions being the same as in the "****". That automatically will put people on guard. Suggesting that the exam was easy because the questions were duplicates of what you had seen in the "****" / practice exams, also served to put people off. Third, when you post the name of the book as "Certified.Ethical.Hacker.All-in-One.Exam.Guide.3rd.Edition", the structure of the title is somewhat dubious. Typically, pirated copies of books tend to be have their titles formatted in a similar manner.

Couple all of the above, to an account which has made few posts, and regular members here will regard you with a great deal of skepticism. Following it up with your comments regarding the PMP, and you are reinforcing those opinions.

Just saying. Words matter.
  • mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This seems to be a recurring issue on this forum. In the future, it would be good if:

1) Non-native English speakers would not use the word "****" to refer to legitimate, legal study material, since the word "****" is most closely associated with the practice of reproducing real exam questions for study purposes, which is against the rules for every certification body, and

2) The rest of us chilled out a little the next time someone with less than perfect English proudly states that they used **** to pass an exam.
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
    Chill out? Where''s the fun in that? My pitchforks and torches demand action. HAHA!
  • jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mgeoffriau wrote: »

2) The rest of us chilled out a little the next time someone with less than perfect English proudly states that they used **** to pass an exam.

As I wrote above, it wasn't just the word "****". There are quite a few issues raised in this short thread.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If some of the exam questions really came out of a legitimate training book's practice tests; it really shows the low value of the CEH imo.