Options

New Humble Bundle: Be A Coder

tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
Some good stuff here, especially in the $18 range.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/be-a-coder-books

Comments

• Options
    xxxkaliboyxxxxxxkaliboyxxx Member Posts: 466
    Excellent books at tier 15 and 18. If i had a eReader or received a physical copy, I would be all over it.
    Studying: GPEN
    Reading
    : SANS SEC560
    Upcoming Exam: GPEN
  • Options
    Excellent books at tier 15 and 18. If i had a eReader or received a physical copy, I would be all over it.

I just get the PDF versions.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That Grey Hat C# caught my eye. I already have like 20 books on my to-do list though so I don't see myself dropping $18 for one book I'll likely not begin reading until the year 2020. But tempting.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Great find! I brought it...trying to up my programming chops!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Great find! I brought it...trying to up my programming chops!

Just watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas and now your avatar is going to get that song stuck in my head every time I see it!!

"You're mean one Mr. Grinch..."
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    "Given the choice between the two of you...I'd take the seasick crocodile!"
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    The Wicked Cool Shellscripts book looks, um, wicked cool...
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    tedjames wrote: »
    The Wicked Cool Shellscripts book looks, um, wicked cool...

I pulled the trigger on the bundle just for this book. A couple of the other books I will probably use eventually, but that shell scripts book is a good deal at that price by itself and looks awesome.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    I already have Linux Command Line (great). And except for Wicked Cool and Grey Hat C#, the others won't serve me. Would love to get into more coding, but my time is pretty much spoken for as it is. If I didn't have to go to work, I'd have lots of time to learn, but then I wouldn't have money to pay my bills and would end up homeless and have to sell my computers for food and might have to fight off a pack of wild dogs who try to take my laptop... But I digress, the Wicked Cool Shell Scripts is a great book. Tons of great reviews on Amazon. I downloaded the sample chapter and all of the code examples from No Starch. Looks really well designed. OK, I'll get it. I'll save the coding books for one day when I'm retired and have time.