Options

CISA Exam: How do I pass on the first sitting

bbatuoye@yahoo.combbatuoye@yahoo.com Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Please, I have scored 114/150 and 120/150 on the first and second full mock exam on cisaexamsstudy.com

I have also been scoring between 80- 90% on the official DB practice exams.

I kindly want to find out these scores are enough guarantee for me passing the actual CISA exam on the first sitting?

If not, how do I pass CISA exam on the first sitting?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There's no such thing as guaranteed pass for an exam.
    You just want someone to tell you, you are ready.

Personally if i was getting those scores, I'd sit for the exam.
  • Options
    cisanutcisanut Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with TheForce. There is no guarantee pass for an exam. Your mock/practice exam scores are good, bbatuoye@yahoo.com! However, as others have mentioned in this forum, your chances of passing the exam is more contingent on how well you understand the concepts, rather than how high your scores are in practice exams. If you feel you've learned the concepts well enough to be able to apply them to a whole new set of questions, then you're good to go!
  • Options
    bbatuoye@yahoo.combbatuoye@yahoo.com Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks to all on this Community, I sat for the CISA exam on the for 4th Dec. 2017 and was successful on the first attempt. My advice to all those preparing to sit for CISA exam is that they should concentrate on understanding the concepts very well and they will be fine during the exam.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    NerdJockNerdJock Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Question only you'll be able to answer, but when you're doing the DB questions, are you able to articulate why one answer is more correct than the other...or have you more or less memorized the question and answer it mindlessly? Huge difference.

I passed the CISM on my first try a couple of years ago and the one thing I did was build my notes around the sections the test questions were coming from. I wish I could provide an example, but each question references a section in the book. I simple collected and grouped the justifications accordingly. In addition to reading the CBK several times over, I felt by organizing the justifications really helped establish themes within the domain that the book did not address.

I wish that my explanation was more clear, but I hope that helps.
  • Options
    cisanutcisanut Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey bbatuoye@yahoo.com, congrats for passing! I took the CISA Exam and got the preliminary pass today! I used the exact same materials you did! So I guess they work! I found the questions on the exam to be quite conceptual with very little resemblance to the QAE DB or Sybex ones. You were right, understanding the concepts is the key to passing the exam!