Dear all,

CISSP ISSEP will have a facelift in regard to the syllabus from next March:

1. Security Engineering Principles - 22%
2. Risk Management - 24%

3. Security Planning, Design, and Implementation - 22%
4. Secure Operations, Maintenance and Disposal - 21%
5. Systems Engineering Technical Management - 11%

150 questions - 3 Hours.

Seems quite interesting - hasn't made explicit references to Governmental frameworks etc.

Wanted to get opinions in regard to this being worth it if one wants to get into becoming a Security Engineering Manager?

Thanks in advance

Total: 100%
AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...

Comments

• moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    My search game is pretty lame, can somebody please provide a link to where the changes have been noted?
  • scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You gotta download an outline of the latest syllabus and it gives you the option of either checking before March or after.

https://cert.isc2.org/issep-exam-outline-form/
    Okay got it, thanks. Appears that ISC2 may be targeting those outside of the US, just my initial take on it.

Unfortunately I really can't answer your question properly, the concentrations are more targeted for those who already have the experience in the respective field, not sure if getting the ISSEP designation would suffice for your requirements. I think I will wait for someone with more knowledge to respond to this one.
    Thanks for the feedback. Based on the new syllabus I have extensive experience of Risk Management and Security Design - looking to branch out into the security engineering side of things from a management perspective. A lot of my work is more technical advisory and management just not hands on - not sure if this matters. Quite possibly - hoping for someone who works in this capacity to share their thoughts?

Thanks in advance...
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Any plans for a new updated CBK book? The book out now is so outdated its absurd. It's at least 11 years old.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    did you say...... new format...... oh boy here we go again

(waits for doomsday post about upcoming format change)
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
    mog27 wrote: »
    Any plans for a new updated CBK book? The book out now is so outdated its absurd. It's at least 11 years old.

Hopefully they should bring one out - but if past experience has anything to do with it, probably unlikely. They updated ISSAP and CSSLP earlier this summer and stuck to the older books - despite changing the syllabus!
  • mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there anything about the actual test? When are they changing it to match the updated syllabus? I'm at work, not in a position to download anything unfortunately.
    McxRisley wrote: »
    did you say...... new format...... oh boy here we go again

(waits for doomsday post about upcoming format change)

icon_lol.gif ... Did I hear you say CAT too? icon_lol.gif