Failed ICND2

McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
With regret, I failed the ICND 2 last week with a score of 790/811.

The exam experience was good and believe the simulations really boosted my mark. The areas I thought I was weaker is were I really performed and seem to have a good knowledge in the routing/wan technologies.

I already have another date confirmed early in the new year and will work towards achieving the CCNA R&S before moving onto the CCNA Security then SECOPS.
2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Sorry to hear about that but you're close! With the results you should know exactly where to focus on.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    sorry to hear about your bad luck. it sounds like you are pretty close. keep hanging in there.
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    i recommend that you read exam cram for ccna. the author is one of the instructors for cbt nuggats Anthony Sequeira. also lab alot it took me 4 times to pass icnd 1 but i believe i am going to pass icnd 2 faster because i am making a point of doing labs more often. if you get the netsim for ccnp it is pretty expensive but it includes labs for icnd 1 icnd 2 routing troubleshooting and switch. i looked for a sim for icnd 2 but boson did not have one. you can get labs for ccna for 99 dollars i got ccnp for 249 on sale it is now 349.
  • Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Good thing you know where you fell short so you can cover it up for the next attempt. If you can, get practice exams (Boson is good) before you give the exam again just to test yourself. Though given the Boson exam costs as much as the real exam, many people like just testing themselves on the real thing. Read up your routing protocols and test yourself on them as much as you can.