CRISC 20 Dec 2017

spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
Greetings everyone.

I took and passed the CRISC examination today.

It was the first ISACA exam I've taken through their CBT delivery method. The exam taking experience wasn't cumbersome.

I took the exam without studying the Manual or using the database. This isn't meant to be a humble brag because I was concerned of what my results were going to be and would never recommend that approach for anyone. I'd probably chalk my luck to the low passing score.

My background is mainly network engineering and cybersecurity. Working in the DoD, I'm familiar with the RMF and JFHQ-DODIN RAM methodologies.

I think this will be the last ISACA exam I will pursue.

My next goals are to take the PMP exam and then EC Council CHFI (prior to starting WGU MSIA).

Comments

• scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Greetings everyone.

I took and passed the CRISC examination today.

It was the first ISACA exam I've taken through their CBT delivery method. The exam taking experience wasn't cumbersome.

I took the exam without studying the Manual or using the database. This isn't meant to be a humble brag because I was concerned of what my results were going to be and would never recommend that approach for anyone. I'd probably chalk my luck to the low passing score.

My background is mainly network engineering and cybersecurity. Working in the DoD, I'm familiar with the RMF and JFHQ-DODIN RAM methodologies.

I think this will be the last ISACA exam I will pursue.

My next goals are to take the PMP exam and then EC Council CHFI (prior to starting WGU MSIA).

@spiderjericho... A Big congratulations to you. I appreciate you sharing, I will be writing mine in TX this Friday, I have done all Q&A questions and am at 81% passing score, I have been worried. But I will pick courage from your post. I work in IT Security, but Isaca ways of framing questions is just out of this world. Congratulations again, did you work in Risk at the DoD?
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome job right there! icon_thumright.gif
    scankloud wrote: »
    I work in IT Security, but Isaca ways of framing questions is just out of this world.

I definitely agree. icon_bounce.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    scankloud wrote: »
    @spiderjericho... A Big congratulations to you. I appreciate you sharing, I will be writing mine in TX this Friday, I have done all Q&A questions and am at 81% passing score, I have been worried. But I will pick courage from your post. I work in IT Security, but Isaca ways of framing questions is just out of this world. Congratulations again, did you work in Risk at the DoD?

Thanks. You should do fine on the test on Friday. I've taken more than a dozen IT certifications so I'm used to ambiguous unclear questions.
    And I have used RMF and RAM in the execution of my duties.
  • cisagurucisaguru Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just came back from the exam center. Passed the exam. The questions range from immature to WTF!.. For those preparing, just know that this is an exam where you most definitely need time to revisit your answers. Practice to pace yourself and good luck.
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations