Options

CISSP passed

restryktrestrykt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
First of all, thanks to all for posting useful tips and tricks here. I managed to pass CISSP exam today on my 1st attempt. I was truly convinced that i failed with 1h spare, but maybe it was a CAT applied logic in action throwing more difficult questions at me at the beginning.

Prep tools:
Bootcamp by Kelly Henderhan x 2
Bootcamp by Sari Green x 3
Bootcamps on youtube
11th hour x 2
Sunflower x 1
Official practice app and book - results 70-80%
Eric Conrad - CISSP guide - reviewed once
My preparations were focused on understanding topics, not memorizing - would memorize more terms this time ;)

Prep time: on and off 12 months - I would recommend doing it without breaks longer than one week, it will save you lots of time.

The exam was much more difficult than i expected, probably because i did not focus on my weaker domains enough. Take your time, don’t pick an answer until you are sure that you understand a given scenario and business or security needs. I have to say that I had to re-read some questions multiple times to pick answers, and still clicked the button pre-maturely on two occasions knowing the other one was the correct one. No way back...

I’m so glad i don’t have to re-seat. Do your preparation right and you will pass it. I would repeat the same advice I have seen couple of times. If you are not sure which is the right answer, 1st pick the most suitable from a manager's point of view, then the engineer's answer or just shoot if you don't have a clue.

Good luck guys! Thanks again.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    restryktrestrykt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • Options
    useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesone! icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations on your win!