Options

Another passed CISM story

LesrecLesrec Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed the CISM exam yesterday! It took about 3 hours to complete and review everything I had flagged. I didn't feel at all rushed and the difficulty was on par with the questions seen in the QAE DB. It's a very useful tool and I highly recommend using that until you're comfortable with the level. I was scoring about 80% prior to taking the exam.

I also read the CISM Review Manual. It's very dry and a little verbose, but it does provide plenty of useful material and will get you familiar with ISACA's view of the world, which is crucial to passing the exam.

Next up...might try one of these cloud certs :)
Education: Bachelor of Computer Science (Adv.) - WSU
Certifications: CISSP | CISM | SABSA-SCF
Goals: AWS-CSA

Comments

• Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    was it a tough exam?
  • Options
    If my reference point for difficulty were the CISSP which I passed two years ago, I'd say the CISM is tough in parts, but not overly difficult. I'd say there were probably 30ish questions that I had to re-read, breakdown and really think about before I answered. The others were easier to work through as the style and point of the question reflected what I saw in the QAE DB.

Personally I thought it was an easier exam than the CISSP, but that may be due to having a couple years more experience in what the CISM is testing. Also, CISM is very light on technical questions. ISACA don't really expect you to have to know more than your average IT Risk/Security/Governance manager.
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    Received my scores yesterday afternoon. Total scaled score of 660. Can't be too unhappy with that!

Information Security Governance

Information Risk Management and Compliance

Information Security Program Development and Management

Information Security Incident Management

• Options
    Priya TyagiPriya Tyagi Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I gave the exam today and did not clear.
    I had used 2016 manual and db question book to prepare .
    Do you think it is a huge difference brom the 2017.

There was no question for the manual in 2016 that was in the test.

I faced difficulty in 39 questions ans went through them again. Din’t think there could be chances if failing

Any suggestions.
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear this Priya.

I used the 2016 QAE DB (and Kelly's CISM material in cybrary.it) to prepare and sat for the exam last December.

During the exam, I reviewed all the items as much as I could even if I didn't flag it just to make sure that I understood the question correctly. Also, what was your approach when you were answering the questions? As much as I could, I tried to keep in mind that the role of the CISM is that of an advisor and that helped me from selecting the wrong answers (that I would have chosen otherwise).
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi I gave the exam today and did not clear.
    I had used 2016 manual and db question book to prepare .
    Do you think it is a huge difference brom the 2017.

There was no question for the manual in 2016 that was in the test.

I faced difficulty in 39 questions ans went through them again. Din’t think there could be chances if failing

Any suggestions.

Sorry to hear that, you need to get 2017 Questions DB.
  • Options
    za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lesrec wrote: »
    Received my scores yesterday afternoon. Total scaled score of 660. Can't be too unhappy with that!

Information Security Governance

Information Risk Management and Compliance

Information Security Program Development and Management

Information Security Incident Management

wow, that's an excellent score. Congratulations, you should be very happy about it :D