Home router with firewall

Mr.NetworkMr.Network Member Posts: 117
I'm looking for a good wifi router with a good firewall, maybe IPS also.

Do you guys know of any good ones?
maybe it's better to get a separated firewall box.
CCNA R&S, MCSA.

Comments

• TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Well is it just to have one with everything? You aren’t going to find advanced features like IPS generally on a consumer device. Have you looked into pfSense? Of course you can always get some Cisco gear but it depends on your budget.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I use my DSL router in bridged mode connected to a small pfSense router (connected to a Cisco switch and a Ubiquity AP). Does a great job. Really overkill for a home system, but it's a great part for a learning environment and setup to route to the Cisco lab I have set up (when powered on).
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Some TE members here have bought this.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s//ref=mw_dp_a_s?ie=UTF8&k=Protectli

I'd like to get one also once I save enough for it. looks like a good project to setup and learn too.
  • ImYourOnlyDJImYourOnlyDJ Member Posts: 180
    You can try to get a PA-220 (Palo Alto) Lab Unit. That's what I use at home.

I've also looked into using PfSense but my PA came before I finished setting it up :D
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can try to get a PA-220 (Palo Alto) Lab Unit. That's what I use at home.

I've also looked into using PfSense but my PA came before I finished setting it up :D

those are not for sale. Palo Alto requires a license in order to work. Usually are given as "prizes" at different events. I know a few that have one.
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    I just use Ubiquiti at home. Couldn't be happier.

Went from Fortinet Firewall, Cisco coreswitch, Aruba AP. Removed all those and sold them and went with a Ubiquiti 60W PoE switch, USG Firewall, and Pro AP. Much easier and works great.
  • dkorzhevindkorzhevin Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□