Passed CISM!

averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
Took the CISM on 12/16, provisionally passed. Received the official pass and score report today (12/26). The test took about 1.5 hrs to complete.

Scaled score 613

Information Security Governance

Information Risk Management and Compliance

Information Security Program Development and Management

Information Security Incident Management

Preparation
I bought the manual but after reading a few pages I feel like the book would be better as a reference than a review source, it's pretty dry. Instead, based on trying to read the manual and advice often given here, I used the Q&A database as my only preparation. From my experience, I'd say maybe 20% of the actual exam questions were similar to the Q&A database questions.

Thoughts
Overall, I thought the Q&A database practice questions and the actual exam were pretty straight forward. Now to submit the paperwork.
CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner

Comments

• scankloudscankloud Member Posts: 47 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took the CISM on 12/16, provisionally passed. Received the official pass and score report today (12/26). The test took about 1.5 hrs to complete.

Scaled score 613

Information Security Governance

Information Risk Management and Compliance

Information Security Program Development and Management

Information Security Incident Management

Preparation
    I bought the manual but after reading a few pages I feel like the book would be better as a reference than a review source, it's pretty dry. Instead, based on trying to read the manual and advice often given here, I used the Q&E database as my only preparation. From my experience, I'd say maybe 20% of the actual exam questions were similar to the Q&E database questions.

Thoughts
    Overall, I thought the Q&E practice questions and exam were pretty straight forward. Now to submit the paperwork.

@averageguy72.. A Very big Congratulations to you. Just for the sake of others who lurk around for information on how to passed the CISM. You're saying you only used the Official ISACA Q&A as your only source to study for the Exam?
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @scankloud

Correct, I only used the Q&A database to prepare. Edited the post to clarify, just realized I had "Q&E" rather than "Q&A".
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • cisanutcisanut Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @averageguy72,
    Congrats on passing with an impressive score!
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, excellent score
  • ay092017ay092017 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and well done! Good luck with your certification!