Passed CISSP-ISSMP 12/22

moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
I passed the CISSP-ISSMP exam on 12/22. I did not study a lot for the exam, I used my experience in the field to pass. I work in Security Management and Architecture. I referenced the bibliography of the Official Guide to the CISSP-ISSMP CBK 1st edition for areas that I needed to brush up on.

I had a few curve balls thrown at me and had to use the process of elimination, and my experience to select the most suitable answer.

So why did I decide to do the ISSMP when I already have the CISM? Two reasons, firstly pride. It had been on my to-do list for years now and frankly I got fed up of seeing it as uncompleted. Yes I know I could have simply removed it from my list, but like I said, pride icon_rolleyes.gif! Secondly I had a bit of time to kill between projects.

Comments

• mattster79mattster79 Member Posts: 135 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass 👍

How does the ISSMP exam compare to the CISM exam? I passed the CISSP exam in July and the CISM exam last month. I’m considering going for ISSMP but not sure.
    CISSP
    CISM
  • skyberxskyberx Member Posts: 14 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratz! Now, the only concentration left is ISSEP. Hmm....
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Thanks guys...
    mattster79 wrote: »
    How does the ISSMP exam compare to the CISM exam? I passed the CISSP exam in July and the CISM exam last month. I’m considering going for ISSMP but not sure.
    I feel it would be unfair FOR ME to make a true comparative analysis between the CISM and ISSMP exams because I was and am at different experience levels at the time of taking the respective exams. I found the ISSMP a bit easier, that can be attributed to the fact that I have already done my CISM and most importantly the experience I have, I relied on experience heavily to pass it. If I had done the ISSMP and then sat the CISM, who knows what the outcome would have been. I have an associate who passed the ISSMP but failed the CISM a few weeks later, I guess it all comes down to concepts and how you apply them.
    Congratz! Now, the only concentration left is ISSEP. Hmm....
    Mmm Leo, I am still thinking about it, we will see. At this stage in my career, I don't have much experience in true engineering. I really don't want to be one of those people who scraps through just for the paper, I have a desire to master the nuts and bolts. I know if I decide to take it on, I will learn a lot. I have the outdated book and go through it every now and again for work. There are changes coming soon, March 2018. Are you going for it this coming year?
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    moyondizvo wrote: »
    I have the outdated book and go through it every now and again for work. There are changes coming soon, March 2018. Are you going for it this coming year?
    Nah. I got quite fed up with dry theoretical exams for now and got back to "nuts and bolts" and pure practice. I passed GREM this year and enjoyed a lot both preparation and the exam. I hope I can get OSCP and then OSCE in next few years. Maybe after that I'll get back to concentrations starting with ISSMP, then CCSP, CCFP, CSSLP.
  • moyondizvomoyondizvo Member Posts: 155
    Nah. I got quite fed up with dry theoretical exams for now and got back to "nuts and bolts" and pure practice. I passed GREM this year and enjoyed a lot both preparation and the exam. I hope I can get OSCP and then OSCE in next few years. Maybe after that I'll get back to concentrations starting with ISSMP, then CCSP, CCFP, CSSLP.
    Fair enough, I believe the ISSEP is quite technical, I could be wrong but I understand the "nuts and bolts" you are referring to :). I must have read somewhere that the CCFP is getting retired in the next couple of years, not sure what's replacing it so you might want to keep an eye on that.