No Show excuses

Ok guys....... i got up the morning....................damn felt like i was gettin up out of my coffin.............wanted to get ready for work but my body just wouldn't.........oooh well wut the heck i aint got much to do at work today anyway.....so i called in told em i had a dentist appointment hence i won't be in today.

wut a the most notorious excuses ya'll use for not showing up at work?

this should be a good one :D
stonecold26.jpg

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I haven't called in sick in the last 6 years. If I did, I would simply say I have the flu and I am throwing up chunks. A dentist appointment is something you schedule months in advance. I did leave work early once in 01/02, like 7 hours early so I could play Grand Theft Auto III when it came out.
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Yeah, I would just say I feel like ass... :D
  • RATTLERMANRATTLERMAN Member Posts: 151
    My infamous stomach virus works wonders for me
  • thesemantheseman Member Posts: 230
    "I can't come to work today, I have to return some videos"
  • SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    I usually go with my fiancee is sick and I need to take care of my daughter. I never say my daughter is sick unless she really is, but eh if I said my fiancee is sick and she gets sick, no biggie. If i lied about my daughter and she got sick i'd feel like a tool.

Actually had to call out using that for real yesterday, she caught a crazy cold that i had and could barely get out of bed so I had to watch the baby.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    MrD wrote:
    Yeah, I would just say I feel like ass... :D

That's pretty much what I convey...although I have been using the Dentist as a good way to leave early....no one really cares though at my work, as long as the work gets done....today, I'm leaving as soon as the traffic eases...I don't even know why I came in, no one else did......I've been here since 7am, and haven't done one thing work related, no email, no work, almost falling asleep.......most people here take Fridays off with unused vacation days around the holidays......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Cool, sounds like you have a pretty easy work environment. That's how it is where I work too...until next month anyway :)
  • Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    A guy in my office was camping over the weekend once. He said he wasn't going to make it in because he was very sick, and he thought it was due to drinking river water that he thought had beaver piss in it. icon_lol.gif

At my office, you can just call in and say "I'm not going to make it in" They ask if you're taking the day off, or if you're sick. They then say "Cool, have a great day".

I don't take off much, but I know tons that do, and they just don't care. As long as you work when you're here, you're ok in their book.
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • supertechCETmasupertechCETma Member Posts: 377
    I have 6 weeks of vacation I can take 1/2 day at a time if I want. Time off is not usually a problem. If I'm sick, I just say I'm sick. icon_cool.gif
    Electronic Technicians Association-International www.eta-i.org
    The Fiber Optic Association www.thefoa.org
    Home Acoustics Alliance® http://www.homeacoustics.net/
    Imaging Science Foundation http://www.imagingscience.com/
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    If I am sick, I call in to say that I'm sick. If I'm too sick to call in, my wife does it for me.

If nothing is really wrong with me, I'm at work, unless it is a planned day off/vacation, which wouldn't need a call in!! Being a leader, I must set the right example.

I don't want to take the chance of calling in sick and my job finding out I wasn't really sick. Nor do I want to be in a management position where my employees are calling in sick when they really aren't. I had a couple at my last job do that when I was a supervisor, and they received warnings. The second time one of them did it, I had to do one of the easiest things in management...terminating with VERY good reason. The point was made, and it didn't happen anymore. Some asks how I found out...well...some government agencies are very strict with their money and work well together :D .
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • PhilippatosPhilippatos Inactive Imported Users Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If the work environment is pleasant then employees usually don't want to call in sick. In fact, if their home life is anything like mine, they might come in early and leave late. :o
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    garv221 wrote:
    so I could play Grand Theft Auto III when it came out.
    That's doesn't count, that's like a wedding day or Xmas, you don't need excuses for such occasions ;)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I have a VPN/Remote Access connection from my home to my workstations in the office, so a "sick day" for me is impossible unless it's taken in the hospital.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    I used to work with a girl who would factor in her 6 days sick a year, before investigation by HR, as part of her annual leave. No manager ever sussed she was off sick almost the same days every year. You could almost predict it a few weeks in advance.. Never got busted though.
    Kam.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used my first sick day in two years yesterday, because my dad was in the hospital due to a heart attack icon_sad.gif

He's fine now though, and should get to come home tomorrow :)

I think I've just been lucky enough to have an employer that understands that people need time off from time to time, and gives me the day off if I really need it. People are a lot more productive when they get a little break from time to time.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/