Passed CAT 12/29

MideMide Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Wow, that's done. Mine went to around 125-130 questions. I didn't think it was easy. I would say that most were medium but a lot were hard as well.

Question for other folks. I also have my SSCP which I took 3 years ago as just an experiment to get into Security. I can say that it has helped me 0 in getting interviews or getting noticed on LinkedIn. Do you think it's even worth it to keep since the CISSP essentially supersedes it, or does it still look good to have an additional security cert?

Comments

• sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • PersianImmortalPersianImmortal Member Posts: 124 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
  • Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! A nice start to the new year. :D
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What do you mean about keeping it? All of the group A cpe will count for both (can’t remember if SSCP counts group B)...I suppose if ISC2 requires you to pay multiple fees, it might be alright to ditch it...SSCP will never “impress” anybody as it’s similar to Security+. Honestly CISSP hits SSCP domains and then some so the quantity argument doesn’t really apply.
  • lamont29lamont29 Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I can't wait to give the CISSP a go. I am registered to take it at the end of this month. I will only attempt one time. If all else fails, I am already CISA & CISM certified. Studying the extra domains in this CISSP journey has only made me a better security professional.
  • MideMide Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TechGuru80 wrote: »
    What do you mean about keeping it? All of the group A cpe will count for both (can’t remember if SSCP counts group B)...I suppose if ISC2 requires you to pay multiple fees, it might be alright to ditch it...SSCP will never “impress” anybody as it’s similar to Security+. Honestly CISSP hits SSCP domains and then some so the quantity argument doesn’t really apply.

Ah I mean paying to renew the cert. My renewal for the SSCP will roll this year. I'm sure I would have to pay a fee, but if my CISSP goes through first then as you mentioned it may not be necessary to keep the SSCP active.
    lamont29 wrote: »
    I can't wait to give the CISSP a go. I am registered to take it at the end of this month. I will only attempt one time. If all else fails, I am already CISA & CISM certified. Studying the extra domains in this CISSP journey has only made me a better security professional.

Go for it. I was going to delay a few months but I decided to just try it out. Good luck!

Also how was the CISM? I'm thinking of going for that next.
    DZA_ wrote: »
    Congratulations! A nice start to the new year. :D

Thanks! Definitely though, Jan 2018 is looking sharp!