Options

Labbing necessary?

MashoTGMashoTG Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is it neccessary to lab for CCNA wireless? Or packet tracer / gns3 ? I've heard mixed things, people saying you can go without labbing, because its all theory, and others say you need to practice.

Anyone have thoughts on how to get started with this test, then eventually ccnp?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Burns82Burns82 Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Labbing will help you understanding any config/gui/cli/trouble shooting questions. I would recommend it.
  • Options
    StevennnStevennn Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any more thoughts here? Would like to know this. 
    Thanks!
    Currently: CCNA R&S certified
    Goal: CCNP by the end of 2020
  • Options
    Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I understand that there are no configuration questions on the CCNA-Wireless exam like you would see on, say, the NP or even the NA tests. It's all theory.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Cat5 said:
    I understand that there are no configuration questions on the CCNA-Wireless exam like you would see on, say, the NP or even the NA tests. It's all theory.
    Labbing is the fun part, though! :) I always like to test the theory and see how I can apply it to the actual hardware. Even if it's not necessary, if you apply it, sometimes it's easier to understand the theory behind what you're doing. Like putting a puzzle together. Sure, you can see the pieces and how they are supposed to fit, but to see the full thing you need to apply those pieces together. 

Plus, it's fun. :)