Options

A Financial Auditor's CISA Experience 27.12.2017

john_cisajohn_cisa Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys today I took the exam and on my first attempt passed. I want to share with you my CISA experience and hope it will help you.

1- I am coming from financial auditor background and just have only 1 year IT audit experience
2- I used offial CISA guide and DB, also David CANNON's Cisa Study guide but i have to say i didnt like David CANNON's underestimating language
3- I read maybe 4 times the official guide in last year and went through official DB maybe 5 times (please dont memorize anything, try to understand the ISACA's point of view because there were only 4 same questions in the real exam)
4- Exam is one of the toughest one I have ever had in my life but it can be passed by studying the right resources
5- This forum helped me a lot when preparing the exam but candidates should be aware of bad intentional users, dont beleive evertything (in some of topics a guy told he failed, exam is hard, official db is meanless, language is heavy in the exam... But its all wrong)
6- To me exam's language is not heavy (i am not native, i have 7 points IELTS score)
7- 4 Hour time is enough to finish
8- DB is usefull because without ISACA's point of view you cant pass
9- Read carefully the CRM and then study questions in official DB with wrong options and try to understand
10- If you can think like auditor you can pass the exam even when you dont know some detailed topics

I want to thank everyone who shared the true knowledge here. Wish you all the best!

Comments