Options

Failed Security+ 401

ZzLuLzZzLuLz Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well after a month of study I've failed the exam and lost $300. I thought it wouldn't be that hard seeing that alot of people pass their first time. For my study material I used ITPro.TV and Professor Messer study notes. Honestly I'm thinking about paying for another voucher and take it this Friday since I only failed by 20 points. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Where is your book?
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    mauguilarmauguilar Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. I think a month of studying is not enough. I remember studying 4-5 month for Security+ exam.
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. Did you buy the voucher that comes with a free retake?
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science
  • Options
    ScyphnScyphn Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Suggest you get Darril Gibson book
  • Options
    mauguilar wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. I think a month of studying is not enough. I remember studying 4-5 month for Security+ exam.

I see alot of people pass within a months time but I will give it more next time.
  • Options
    bjpeter wrote: »

No I wish I did now.
  • Options
    bjpeter wrote: »

I see alot of reviews on that, Next time I go after this exam I will try it out.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. :D
  • Options
    MdaudMdaud Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How many performance based questions did u got? Hopefully next try should be easy for u since u knw what to expect now.
  • Options
    RoyaltyRoyalty Registered Users Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Heavily suggest you use Darril Gibson's Security+ book, along with a good set of practice questions. Maybe go over Professor Messer's videos again on 1.25x speed - I picked up a lot of stuff I missed or had forgotten after watching them twice.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I highly tout Gibson's book as well. I failed the first time and after getting Gibson's book and resources, my score went up 200 points.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Gibson's book was very good as were his premium content website.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    Royalty wrote: »
    Heavily suggest you use Darril Gibson's Security+ book, along with a good set of practice questions. Maybe go over Professor Messer's videos again on 1.25x speed - I picked up a lot of stuff I missed or had forgotten after watching them twice.

Best of luck!

Thanks guys! I ended up watching Professor Messer's videos and passing my second time.